Thanks_Tom RR

***2016 Recruiting***

Products of a film review session by Ryan Gunderson and Trent Bray.

Ryan Gunderson@TheGundy 4h

Watching 2016 LBs with @Coach_Bray, had to wear my #Blackshirts hat! #GBR pic.twitter.com/fBa0vk8mSf

Offered Jaleel Lagunis today. 4-star OLB out of Watkinsville, GA

Offered Caleb Kelly 5-star LB out of Fresno, CA

• Upvote 1

I would've loved to see Trent Brays face when he saw our LB depth chart. Totally explains all the offers today.

• Upvote 1

I would've loved to see Trent Brays face when he saw our LB depth chart. Totally explains all the offers today.

He's probably secretly mixing extra protein powder in Nate Gerry's food to get him to LB size for next year.

And look at the size of these four LB offered, 6'2"-6'4" and 210-238 lbs.

The weight range is on par with the LB on roster, but these new prospects are much taller (current LB range 5'11"-6'2").

It will be interesting to see if we are looking for bigger LB to get weight on their frame.

• Upvote 1

He looks so happy all the time! :lol: I wonder if he's blown away by our facilities compared to what he had? I don't know OSU's situation real well..........

Gunderson is really impressing so far.

He is considered a rock star and one of the best at what he does
Bu..bu..but he can't be, he came from OSU..

Well in all fairness can we see him be a "rock star" here before we think he is so good? Every D1 school is going to offer the LB's we just offered. Get one here to play and then give him the accolades.

Well in all fairness can we see him be a "rock star" here before we think he is so good? Every D1 school is going to offer the LB's we just offered. Get one here to play and then give him the accolades.
Gunderson isn't the one offering. He's the guy doing all the tweets of the coaches and such.

Gunderson isn't the one offering. He's the guy doing all the tweets of the coaches and such.

Maybe I should scroll through the whole conversation before commenting. I though the discussion was about Bray.

Gunderson is the one that comes up with the recruiting ideas on how to get these kid's attention. It was him that came up with the idea to fly a banner over a commit's game in California that simply said OSU Go Beavers. He can also talk to recruits and is the one to line them up for visits and show them around. He is supposedly very good at his job.

Gunderson is the one that comes up with the recruiting ideas on how to get these kid's attention. It was him that came up with the idea to fly a banner over a commit's game in California that simply said OSU Go Beavers. He can also talk to recruits and is the one to line them up for visits and show them around. He is supposedly very good at his job.

He already seems to be better than whoever was or wasn't doing it before at NU. Im impressed with Riley's whole operation so far.

• Upvote 4

Coaches would be smart to look at Taj Williams from iowa western. 6'3-6'4 wide receiver. Was rated 4 stars coming out of high school in FL committed to IU but had offers from Auburn, Bama, Clemson, UF, FSU, Georgia, Miami, Ole Miss, USC. A little skinny but he has legit speed and is a great playmaker:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4073675/highlights/201637380

• Upvote 1

Urbandale (Iowa) offensive lineman Jake Heinrich

Urbandale (Iowa) offensive lineman Jake Heinrich has offers from Iowa State, Marshall and Duke.

A number of other programs are showing interest in the 6-foot-4, 285-pounder including Oregon, Iowa and others.

"I was invited to Iowa's junior day," Heinrich said. "I was hearing from Nebraska but I want to get back in touch with the new staff. Oregon is showing some solid interest and so is FSU."

Heinrich reports Texas Tech also reached out recently.

Link

Warren will be in to see LB JoJo Domann of Colorado Springs tomorrow. Same HS as Avery Anderson. Bray will also visit later this month.

His dad apparently represented Eric Warfield and Mike Minter.

Planning to visit for the spring game and for junior day.

Early enrollee.

Rivals

Warren will be in to see LB JoJo Domann of Colorado Springs tomorrow. Same HS as Avery Anderson. Bray will also visit later this month.

Early enrollee.

Rivals

Here are some highlights.

@GreggPeterson2: HOL HD VIDEO: #Huskers 2015 LB target @TheDomannator JoJo Domann highlights (Pine Creek, CO) http://t.co/SWMJJDO8oU http://t.co/R82h1SD4Td

Early enrollee.

Rivals

@GreggPeterson2: HOL HD VIDEO: #Huskers 2015 LB target @TheDomannator JoJo Domann highlights (Pine Creek, CO) http://t.co/SWMJJDO8oU http://t.co/R82h1SD4Td

I will be the first to admit that I haven't studied film of HS football players so maybe I don't know what I am talking about. But this player looked very slow and the "highlight" tape was unimpressive.

Early enrollee.

Rivals

I will be the first to admit that I haven't studied film of HS football players so maybe I don't know what I am talking about. But this player looked very slow and the "highlight" tape was unimpressive.
Those "highlights" look to be from a single game, so I won't get too worried about how impressive they may or may not be.

Here are highlights from his entire Junior year. He looks instinctual and athletic, and he shows his speed and power coming off the edge for several corner blitz resulting in TFL and a safety. He was Colorado Def POTY and Junior POTY this year. I say take him.

@swmckewonOWH: That'd be where OC Danny Langsdorf was in KC yesterday. NU will also pursue 2015 ATH A.J. Taylor out of Rockhurst.

I think they meant 2016 ATH AJ Taylor.

Just to get a little idea of what positions will be the highest priority this time around. This class will likely be a "full" class of 25 (currently 20 seniors) and might be even bigger. I don't think we have a lot of really good targets so far which is to be expected with the coaching change. They've sent out a few offers but we'll have to see who is interested. We'll get a better idea as some guys visit for the spring game and when the Junior Days are announced.

Priority:

QB - Don't think there's any doubt that a QB more in line with the system Langsdorf wants to run is the top priority

OL - Fortunately, we already have two very good commits and leads on others. We lose six OLinemen after this year. Really need some tackles

DE - Have some young possibilities here but they all have some work to do. Really need a top-notch plus at least one more.

DT - Need to restock here. At least two.

LB - Probably continue to stockpile here as the new staff would like significantly more LBs than we've had. Three for sure and 5 wouldn't surprise me.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits listed and targets are in parenthesis.

QB - 1 - (Jarrett Guarantano)

RB - 1 -

TE - 2 - Jared Bubak

WR - 3 -

OT - 2-3 - (Matt Farniok)

OG/C - 2-3 - Bryan Brokop, John Raridon

DT - 2-3 - (Garrett Rand, Michael Williams)

DE - 2-3 - (Amani Bledsoe, Xavier Kelly)

LB - 3-5 -

CB - 2-3 -

S - 2-3 - (Isaiah Simmons)

That would be great. But I'm not holding my breath.

Johnny Stanton's high school. Took over as a sophomore when Johnny left at the number one HS in the country. Dude can ball.

3star QB Zeb Noland out of Georgia is visiting in March.

Teammate of four-star LB Laleel Laguins who is also visiting March 28th

Zeb's dad is the head coach of their high school team and he'll be along as well.

3star QB Zeb Noland out of Georgia is visiting in March.

Teammate of four-star LB Laleel Laguins who is also visiting March 28th

Zeb's dad is the head coach of their high school team and he'll be along as well.

Awesome Mav, thanks.