Rivals Will Monitor 6th Grade Football

These people can't even get around to evaluating all the HS kids and now they think they are going to evaluate 6th graders?

All they are going to do is camp out in Texas and Florida watching youth football and start pimping certain players. The parents of those kids will get all worked up and firmly believe their little Johnny is going to be a 5* recruit and first overall draft pick. Have fun HS coaches when these parents and players hit your practice field with their heads in the clouds.

I don't know if they do this today but in the 80's Creighton Prep would scout the middle school/junior high schools and offer discounted tuition to those who agreed to be a part of their football program.

Just about every Catholic school in the state does that. Look at how many catholic schools will be at State basketball this year.

Ever wonder how Skutt has such a good wrestling program? What about Kearney Catholic volleyball?

FYI...I also know of a couple smaller public C1 or C2 schools that are close to larger communities that do the same thing in certain sports.

Kchs doesn't do that, I would know I'm an alumni

:laughpound

That's why all through middle school a certain Kearney club volleyball team brings in all these girls from all the middle schools in the area. Hmmmm...guess what HS most of the best ones end up at?

Now, if they aren't doing that, then it sure as heck looks that way from the outside looking in.

I really wonder what's in it for them. The quality of this coverage can't be very good. They're not even laying useful groundwork for the future because at that young age, so much changes between then and high school, right? Why expend the effort?

Then again, I'm not sure the people who direct Rivals are exactly the sharpest tools in the shed.

Kchs doesn't do that, I would know I'm an alumni

:laughpound

That's why all through middle school a certain Kearney club volleyball team brings in all these girls from all the middle schools in the area. Hmmmm...guess what HS most of the best ones end up at?

Now, if they aren't doing that, then it sure as heck looks that way from the outside looking in.

Better coaching? You develop a culture and the best want to win so they go to the place that wins. I used to coach at KCHS and they don't offer money to kids for sports. They do offer discounted rates to kids who come from middle to low income families. I was one of those kids.