Camping Out: Cornerbacks

Interesting that CJax is moving to Safety (again). I think I would personally rather have Kalu at Safety and CJax at corner but I guess we'll see.

That would leave Davie along with Rose, Jones, Kalu and Mosley as the returners plus newcomers Lee and Anderson. Boaz Joseph is still around (for now) but I don't see him in the mix.

Davie and Kalu look to be in the starter spots. Mosley and Chris Jones getting most of the #2 looks while Eric Lee and Jonathan Rose seem to be the #3 guys.

Man, JRose just can't seem to get over the hump and take the next step. But look at that, got 2 sophs, 1 RSFr and 1 TrFr in the top 6...

Yeah, it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen for him at this point.

On Jonathan Rose I think I remember Banker say "he had to do some school work like get his grades up before he plays meaningful snaps."

Maybe its not just the grades now but he is playing poorly and hasnt done anything meaningful in college, but he was a four star recruit

I want the best players on the field and last time I remember seeing Jrose he got burned by Lippit I think in the Mich St, game.

Corner is loaded, in the sense that there may not be one elite guy, but five or six guys all bunched together, pushing each other. Daniel Davie, Jonathan Rose, Joshua Kalu, Trai Mosley and Chris Jones have all had their moments and struggles, but out of that bunch, Kalu and Mosley have probably looked the most consistent. Kalu may just know the Nebraska wideouts really well, but he's tough to shake on shorter routes, and he has good hand skills after the ball is thrown. Mosley is the most aggressive and perhaps most confident; his lack of size almost frees him up to play the position with a furious style. How these corners "turn and run" on deep routes will go a long way's toward determining how good of a secondary Nebraska has.

OWH

I think with Bootle and Dismuke coming in and with Talan or Berry being small enough to move over to DB if needed we are fine here. We lose Rose, Cockerell, and Davie, but we have A Williams, Lee, and Anderson who are freshmen. We need 1-2 more db's in this class. We'd be fine if we only got one.

Not quite sold on Bootle. Reminds me of Boaz Joseph 2.0.