Planned Parenthood

For those of you following this in the news, there is yet another disgusting video out today discussing intact fetuses and how to sell potential parts. What's more shocking is that Hillary Clinton and other 2016 Democratic hopefuls refuse to condemn Planned Parenthood.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/08/planned-parenthood-video/400472/

I know many people who are pro-choice and are also outraged by what Planned Parenthood is doing.

I'm pro life unless it's rape or the mother's life in danger. It could be I'm missing something important but as of now I fail to see how this is suddenly shocking. Where did people think embryonic stem cells came from? A little plastic slide you put under the microscope in biology? I'd rather they be used than thrown away. People who go to Planned Parenthood for an abortion are going to get an abortion. It's not like PP is handing out flyers to get more dead babies.

• Fire 2

“I’m not sure we need half a billion dollars for women’s health issues.” :hmmph

I hadn't read the article. This is a potential president right here. We spend over $500 billion on the military but half a billion is too much for women's health issues? You know, those people who make babies and are half the work force? Kay.

• Fire 2

I'm pro life unless it's rape or the mother's life in danger. It could be I'm missing something important but as of now I fail to see how this is suddenly shocking. Where did people think embryonic stem cells came from? A little plastic slide you put under the microscope in biology? I'd rather they be used than thrown away. People who go to Planned Parenthood for an abortion are going to get an abortion. It's not like PP is handing out flyers to get more dead babies.

I'm pro-life too, but the pro-abortion crowd does not want anyone to know what truly happens behind the scenes. What makes this scandal so bad is that they have been caught trying to sell/profit from body parts of fetuses. It's just disgusting. The debate is not about letting women get mammograms from PP, its about the political nature of this being an extension of the pro choice/abortion crowd.

I'm all for defunding or shutting down Planned Parenthood, as long as there's a viable, supported alternative in place, ready for a seamless takeover of the health issues PP covers now.

I am anti-abortion, but like most of us, I'm also not stupid enough to think that if PP closed its doors tomorrow that abortions would magically stop, too. Women need a healthcare outlet that doesn't involve shady "doctors" in back-alley clinics.

41 percent of the $1.3 billion received by the national group and its affiliates came from government sources. Under a series of different laws including the Hyde amendment, none of the federal funds can be used for abortions, which accounted for 3 percent of services Planned Parenthood provides.

I'd prefer an independent investigation before anyone attempts to defund PP, the clear goal here. I'd like them to have access to the unedited videos and PP's books, if need be. Until then, this is clearly politically driven, IMHO.

I'd prefer an independent investigation before anyone attempts to defund PP, the clear goal here. I'd like them to have access to the unedited videos and PP's books, if need be. Until then, this is clearly politically driven, IMHO.

There's zero doubt about that.

I view these hidden videos just like I view hidden videos PETA people take on livestock farms. They are taken way out of context and blown up to be way bigger of an issue than they are and paints the facilities in a light that they don't deserve.

Now, I am anti-abortion and I am all for humane treatment of animals. But, groups have taken both of these issues to the extreme and it's a "the ends justify the means" in their minds.

As for PP, I agree with Knapplc. Fine, defund it, as long as there is a viable source for all the other services women use these facilities for in place and ready to go. Like pointed out, abortion is an extremely small part of what PP does.

As for abortion itself, if people on BOTH sides spent their time educating and supporting young women to either not find themselves in these situations or letting them know there are alternatives to abortion, abortion wouldn't even be needed.

The problem is, neither political side wants the issue to go away simply because it solidifies their bases. They are laughing all the way to the bank on this.

• Fire 2

I didn't think PP was the only game in town to serve women health issues. I say defund, make sure services are available elsewhere. Most communities have community health care organizations that could pick up the gap. Even wt defunding, I don't see PP going away - they would still be there to provide some services I assume. I'm pro-life.