National Championship

Hey, the Dream Is Alive In Nebraska. We haven't been able to say that for a very long time. Even if it crashes down, it will have been a great season, unexpectedly, and points to a bright future with Riley and Friends. I'm living the dream until another team takes it away from us.

• Fire 1

Hey, the Dream Is Alive In Nebraska. We haven't been able to say that for a very long time. Even if it crashes down, it will have been a great season, unexpectedly, and points to a bright future with Riley and Friends. I'm living the dream until another team takes it away from us.

Why not! Huskers are hunting for championships this fall and it is fun to watch

We would get absolutely curbstomped by Alabama. That's all I know.

who wouldnt?

Ive been dreading this day but knew it woukd come. I know theres a ways to go but the 2016 Bama edition is on track to enter the discussion with 1995 nebraska as best ever.

I think if they run the table that some people were certainly be throwing them up there in those hypothetical 'best team ever' conversations, but they still don't match up imo.

Don't get me wrong, they look pretty much invincible, but they don't have the same mystique of obliteration that the '95 team did. Maybe it's overblown, but the difference between 38-10/48-43/34-6/33-14 games and 57-0/41-3/73-14/77-28 type games is pretty notable.

We would get absolutely curbstomped by Alabama. That's all I know.

who wouldnt?

Ive been dreading this day but knew it woukd come. I know theres a ways to go but the 2016 Bama edition is on track to enter the discussion with 1995 nebraska as best ever.

I think if they run the table that some people were certainly be throwing them up there in those hypothetical 'best team ever' conversations, but they still don't match up imo.

Don't get me wrong, they look pretty much invincible, but they don't have the same mystique of obliteration that the '95 team did. Maybe it's overblown, but the difference between 38-10/48-43/34-6/33-14 games and 57-0/41-3/73-14/77-28 type games is pretty notable.

i do stand rather corrected. They did have the that fireworks show with Ole Miss. i was trying to remember if theyve even been in game in the 4th yet.

One thing I'll discount 95NU and credit Bama this year for in a way, being honest, is I think Bama is facing a higher degree of consistent competition. I think the game has changed enough over the 20 years that the average teams Nebraska faced then are not as good as the average teams Bama is facing today. I dont know. Just an opinion based solely on the evolution of the game and the much higher levels of parity.

Pick up one of the next to games, win the games you are favored in and get a luck out win in the Big Championship game would be a nice set up, I will be shocked if that played out. If I thought the O-line could get in a good week of practice as a unit then I think the Huskers could beat a very unbalanced Wisconsin team that is very flawed outside of the defense. Sad thing is that game could turn on penalties if the Huskers don't clean it up.

I have one ray of hope (a very dim one) .......... First the mash tent o-line trends up on the health-o-meter and the rest of the team stay healthy. Second Riley is considered to be a better coach in the second half of the season and his teams get better as the season rolls on. Perhaps this combo is a reason for hope.

Even if so, good for them. Records are made to be broken, greatest teams are meant to be surpassed. Saban has crafted the most dominant run in cfb history - it's a marvel to watch, and to hate.

That defense he has right now is a sight to see. If we had a defensive front like that, I would say we are headed for a collision course with them in the NCG

Even if so, good for them. Records are made to be broken, greatest teams are meant to be surpassed. Saban has crafted the most dominant run in cfb history - it's a marvel to watch, and to hate.

i dont even know if I hate it. i think all my past hate for Bama was just overrun of my disdain for the SEC and the constant overrating. Bama legit. And I really like to watch teams that play good football. Watching Bama should be a treat for any legit football fan.