Oklahoma was in town. (Omaha)

Chris has an offer to SDSU already and probably many more coming. Nick is an absolute freak athlete. One of the best sprinters on my track team. Axl, who is your son? I teach/coach at Burke, you can PM me if you want.

Gio

Awesome! Is he planning on running track this year?

I want him to.

We would love to have him, tell him to come talk to me (Coach Siecke) or Coach Mingo if he has questions.

Definitely. I believe Coach Donahue has spoken with him a while back.

Perfect. I am excited for this class at Burke. Loaded with athletes.

Are the Huskers looking into these guys yet?

It would be sort of discouraging as a Husker fan if they weren't. OU, a power 5 school, recruiting kids only 45 minutes away from Lincoln.

I'm really hoping that they would be active here with this group of kids. I know I see a lot of other coaches here. Hope they pick up their presence at Burke.

The way NU has slow played in-state talent (especially Omaha) for the past 10-15 years is discouraging. I'm not saying every local kid deserves a scholarship offer, but there has been plenty of talent that has gone elsewhere and excelled.

It would be sort of discouraging as a Husker fan if they weren't. OU, a power 5 school, recruiting kids only 45 minutes away from Lincoln.

I'm really hoping that they would be active here with this group of kids. I know I see a lot of other coaches here. Hope they pick up their presence at Burke.

The way NU has slow played in-state talent (especially Omaha) for the past 10-15 years is discouraging. I'm not saying every local kid deserves a scholarship offer, but there has been plenty of talent that has gone elsewhere and excelled.

Like who?

• Fire 1

Like who?

Harrison Phillips - the starting NT for Stanford's 3-4 defense would be REALLY useful right now

• Fire 1

Like who?

Harrison Phillips - the starting NT for Stanford's 3-4 defense would be REALLY useful right now

.... No.

We recruited Harrison hard, but he knew he fit in the 3-4 and Stanford sold him on that.

Should we have consulted God and had him tell us that we'd be firing our DC 4 years from when Harrison signed and that we'd switch to the 3-4 and we should sell Harrison on that one year of truly excelling in a system he fits in?

Harrison knew his physique and play was suited for a 3-4, and you don't pass up a Stanford education.

• Fire 1

I believe the point of RedDenver was the "slow play" of Harrison's recruitment. No, you don't necessarily pass up a Stanford education ... but had :bigredn: not slow played him would the results on his recruitment be different?

From what I recall we didn't show great interest until he got the big offers. I went back and read his thread and it confirmed it. Atbone95, you might find post #253 interesting. I think your view was respected then but it was the slow play that allowed 6-9 schools to move in. By the time our offer came in he was then challenged in His mind. If he gets the offer earlier I think we keep him. I think we ended up taking Mick, the lessor rated player late. ??

Take Harrison out and the point still seems valid. Even these two Burke kids seem to have been approached and pursue quicker by OU. True? False?

The youngest Fisher from Millard North. Phillip Bland went to ISU and started. The safety from Iowa that went to Central, name escapes me right now. There was a lineman that went to Kansas State.

There are more.

The lineman that went to Kansas State never got a husker offer. He is from where I live.
Although he really should have. Freak athelete

The youngest Fisher from Millard North. Phillip Bland went to ISU and started. The safety from Iowa that went to Central, name escapes me right now. There was a lineman that went to Kansas State.

There are more.

The lineman that went to Kansas State never got a husker offer. He is from where I live.
Although he really should have. Freak athelete

I believe the point of RedDenver was the "slow play" of Harrison's recruitment. No, you don't necessarily pass up a Stanford education ... but had :bigredn: not slow played him would the results on his recruitment be different?

From what I recall we didn't show great interest until he got the big offers. I went back and read his thread and it confirmed it. Atbone95, you might find post #253 interesting. I think your view was respected then but it was the slow play that allowed 6-9 schools to move in. By the time our offer came in he was then challenged in His mind. If he gets the offer earlier I think we keep him. I think we ended up taking Mick, the lessor rated player late. ??

Take Harrison out and the point still seems valid. Even these two Burke kids seem to have been approached and pursue quicker by OU. True? False?

LOL GTFO. Find a comment I made in 2013 and hold it against me. Good bye