R Da BlackShirts Bak?

ScottyIce

8 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Points?  Yes.  Yards?  No.  Think they had about 350 total yards, 120 to their second string RB.  Fact still remains, we played three s#!t offenses and did our job, now do it against someone with a pulse.

Youre right, but I'm a believer. Thanks for the info on last years game. I though score wise we did a nice job on points.

• Plus1 1

Just now, MattyIce said:

I'm just kidding. But you got the optimistic and hopeful part back. You can't deny that the D has looked better since half against Oregon (weak calls or not)

Know you kidding. Just don't get too excited about the last couple of games.  Ilini had 200 yards on offense.  I wouldn't be surprised if Rutgers and Illinois gain under 200 yards combined against OSU.  They are bad offenses.

6 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Know you kidding. Just don't get too excited about the last couple of games.  Ilini had 200 yards on offense.  I wouldn't be surprised if Rutgers and Illinois gain under 200 yards combined against OSU.  They are bad offenses.

You're right again. I'm hopeful it's confidence builders as we continue to develops.

The defense has played well the last three weeks.

They have played the #84, #81 and #112 offenses in terms of completion percentage.  

They have played the #90, #117 and #102 offenses in terms of yards per game.

They have played the #87, #81 and #107 scoring offenses.

Based on our less-than-stellar cornerback play and tackling in general, I'm not sure it will hold up.

But they've done about all they could do for the last three games.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

They have played the #84, #81 and #112 offenses in terms of completion percentage.  

Based on our less-than-stellar cornerback play and tackling in general, I'm not sure it will hold up.

Youre right. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

They have also only allowed 200 yards or less in back to back games. Which hasn’t been done in 16 years. Think of all the crappy teams we have played in 16 years.

tonight was the fewest points given up on the road in over 20 years. Like back to the 90s man. Again think of all of the crappy teams that we have played.  

Yes the offenses were were not good, and there is a lot to work on, but they just did some things that haven’t been done in a generation.  

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That's the problem.  Statistically they've probably done OK against bad opponents but when you look at them play you just know things aren't going to go well the rest of the way.  I'm not seeing much improvement in the cornerbacks.

2 minutes ago, soup said:

They have also only allowed 200 yards or less in back to back games. Which hasn’t been done in 16 years. Think of all the crappy teams we have played in 16 years.

It's good to see some odd record broken in a good way for a change but... have we played two crappy teams back to back in 16 years?