R Da BlackShirts Bak?

ScottyIce

It's baby steps here of late.  They are playing better, and Bob appears to being more comfortable with his players to dial up more blitzes.  However, the secondary is really needing CJ back.  Lamar Jackson is playing like an AA compared to Lee, and that's not saying much.  And until the ten yard cushions and not looking for the ball techniques go away, being "back" is not really happening.

Now I've been saying this unit will look good against Wisky and Iowa all year.  Not saying they will hold them under 200 yards, but the match ups against those styles of offense with NU's defense and Bob's 3-4(with his insistent use of the base personnel) is not as mismatch versus a spread, fast tempo type offenses that will follow.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

It's baby steps here of late.  They are playing better, and Bob appears to being more comfortable with his players to dial up more blitzes.  However, the secondary is really needing CJ back.  Lamar Jackson is playing like an AA compared to Lee, and that's not saying much.  And until the ten yard cushions and not looking for the ball techniques go away, being "back" is not really happening.

Now I've been saying this unit will look good against Wisky and Iowa all year.  Not saying they will hold them under 200 yards, but the match ups against those styles of offense with NU's defense and Bob's 3-4(with his insistent use of the base personnel) is not as mismatch versus a spread, fast tempo type offenses that will follow.

I agree 

27 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

Wisconsin has the top scoring offense in the big right now.......Iowa is very physical.....Purdue can score too. Plenty to be scared of, including psu and osu 

Wisconsin and Iowa are the definition of vanilla. Yes, they are good at what they do, but there is no guessing involved. Just line it up and be the bigger man. They don't have better athletes than us according to recruiting analysts. Let's go kick some ass in the back alley and stop talking about Wisky and Iowa already.

13 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Well then I can't wait for Ohio State and Penn State...

I'm more concerned with what Barkley is going to do to our LB's. Hope the Dline holds up.

5 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

we still don't seem to be that swarming, attacking defense that we used to be.........bend don't break looks different than the Blackshirt defense of yesterday.......we used to dare people to attack us, this defense sits back more and tends to play zone, or so it seems to me.

The bend/don't break stuff isn't my style neither, but if they hold opponents out of the endzone the way they have the past 14 quarters, I suppose I don't really care what it looks like.

• Plus1 1