The debate is over... right?

Branno

9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We aren't going 4-1. 

Riley knows he's gone and his coaching staff is distracted by their own future. Practices must be a nightmare of going through the motions.  Since the Northern Illinois game, the team has had four chances to play for pride, and there's been no burst of adrenaline or focus or players stepping up in the moment.

There was one moment in the middle of the third quarter against Wisconsin — Nebraska had tied the game and the crowd was going nuts — where the season and perhaps Riley could have been salvaged. That was the moment when Wisconsin took a deep breath and calmly proved it was a much better team on both sides of the ball. 

That was the last of the last chances, imo.

Post. Of. The. Year.

20 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

How many games have the fans attitude cost Nebraska? I think we would be undefeated under riley if this huskerboard didn't exist.

Wow.  You must think Riley is an even worse coach than I do if you think a bunch of keyboard jockeys can so easily affect his results.  Or were you just joking?  If so, good one.  You got me!

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Wow.  You must think Riley is an even worse coach than I do if you think a bunch of keyboard jockeys can so easily affect his results.  Or were you just joking?  If so, good one.  You got me!

He got me too. Until you quoted him I took it seriously. Obviously pointing out the absurdity of skerfan post. +1 Lumber

Texas and Florida have all the advantages Nebraska doesn't -- including a bigger checkbook — and find themselves in the same position. Except McElwain and his family are actually receiving death threats from disappointed fans. Nebraska fans are still at the "toxic cancer" stage.

Arkansas and Tennessee are going nowhere under coaches who were considered the hot hires of their day.

So....you know.

I forgot what my point is. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Texas and Florida have all the advantages Nebraska doesn't -- including a bigger checkbook — and find themselves in the same position. Except McElwain and his family are actually receiving death threats from disappointed fans. Nebraska fans are still at the "toxic cancer" stage.

Arkansas and Tennessee are going nowhere under coaches who were considered the hot hires of their day.

So....you know.

I forgot what my point is. 

Toxic cancer? Come on, man