The debate is over... right?

Branno

Some people tried to talk up the Oregon win last year - over a 4-8 team - because their souls got crushed by us and they gave up on the season.  Or something like that.

This year's Oregon team that made us look like a high school JV for a half is now 1-4 in the Pac-12 with only one of those losses closer than 17 points.

Perhaps we're just good at making them look good.

• Plus1 4

I still don't understand if we go 4-1 how people would be back on the Riley ship.  Anyone that took the time today to watch Purdue, northwestern, Iowa, or Minnesota should know by now that these teams are absolute garbage.  We will be in dog fights with each of them too, but it shouldn't change a thing.  A lone second place finish in the west and a bowl game?  Cool story.  The B1G west could easily be the worst power 5 division in college football.  It sure as hell is when taking wisconsin out of the picture.  The thought of Riley bringing Nebraska back to prominence is laughable.  The hire was for the image, not what was best for Husker football.  This experiment was a joke to begin with.  Because a .500 coach with a 30 year sample size was all of sudden going to be a championship contender?  HA!  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  

• Plus1 8
Just now, Blackshirts007 said:

I still don't understand if we go 4-1 how people would be back on the Riley ship.  Anyone that took the time today to watch Purdue, northwestern, Iowa, or Minnesota should know by now that these teams are absolute garbage.  We will be in dog fights with each of them too, but it shouldn't change a thing.  A lone second place finish in the west and a bowl game?  Cool story.  The B1G west could easily be the worst power 5 division in college football.  It sure as hell is when taking wisconsin out of the picture.  The thought of Riley bringing Nebraska back to prominence is laughable.  The hire was for the image, not what was best for Husker football.  This experiment was a joke to begin with.  Because a .500 coach with a 30 year sample size was all of sudden going to be a championship contender?  HA!  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  

Totally agree.

But it would happen.

6 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

AMEN BRUH, this magic Mike dude needs to bounce.

11 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

I don't think it would bring them onto the Riley Ship...I think it is the "I don't want to be wrong ship"

The thing is...none of the Husker fans need to worry about it because when Riley was first hired there was not one Husker fan that was like "Sweet!  WE GOT OUR COACH"  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I don't think it would bring them onto the Riley Ship...I think it is the "I don't want to be wrong ship"

The thing is...none of the Husker fans need to worry about it because when Riley was first hired there was not one Husker fan that was like "Sweet!  WE GOT OUR COACH"  

Ya I was more like "eeeek, Shawn Eichorst what the frick did you do?"

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Green and Bounds will have the half empty Memorial Stadium during the 2nd half of Ohio State burned in their minds. That memory, along with their edict of NU athletics “being competitive” should signal the end for the Riley era. If it doesn’t, I have serious questions of what Moos, Green, and Bounds are doing. 

Too reminiscent of 2007 Oklahoma State game. You can't have that happening in Lincoln. I don't think anybody survives that.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ya it was more like who? Who? WHO?! Oh... *expletive*

15 hours ago, Blackshirts007 said:

I really really really don't think you have to worry about 4-1.  1-4 is waaaaay more likely.

1 hour ago, Isle of View said:

I really really really don't think you have to worry about 4-1.  1-4 is waaaaay more likely.

The only team I see that is not beatable on paper for us is Penn State. After what I saw yesterday, the rest are toss ups but if I had to guess, I think we'll win only one road game for the rest of the season, and beat Northwestern at home. That equates to 5-7. Not a good year. Riley would join Bill Callahan for having 2 losing seasons during their regimes.

There is no coming back after that.

5 hours ago, FTW said:

The only team I see that is not beatable on paper for us is Penn State. After what I saw yesterday, the rest are toss ups

The question is, can Riley get his team to win three extremely winnable games in a row heading into a very difficult matchup?

Purdue will come down to whether Nebraska wants to win, and that includes the coaches. This is an easy exam if you studied for it, but you may not pass if you were out partying instead.

• Plus1 4