Erik Chinander

37 minutes ago, LaneKiffenGBR said:

Read else where that Tosh Lupoi would/could possibly be a DC candidate. But either him or Kevin steele would be incredible. Imagine either of those two working the defense with SF on the offense... 

Tosh is making $950k at Bama.  Of course he is the only recruiter to land 3 5* recruits last year.....He'd definetly be worth a look....

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree Red Five. Defense wins championships. Also, the Big Ten has some good defenses with 4 of the top ten teams in Total Defense coming from the BIG.  Now is the time for Frost to work with someone new if he wants his defense to be as good as his offense. If he keeps his friend, he is likely to be stuck with him for at least 2 years.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

One guy that has a good track record as a DC is Vic Koenning who graduated from K State.  He has been affiliated with a few teams and improved those teams in most cases.

http://www.troytrojans.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1048&path=football

Seriously, with how bad some offenses are in the B1G, how could you not have some B1G teams in the Top 20 in defense!  Really, seriously!  Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue, Minny and Iowa.  Juggernauts there I am telling you.  I think that B1G is a good to great conference, but really its not the Big 12 or Pac 12.  Those conferences have offenses.  B1G is still 3 yards and a cloud of dust!

Edited by Nebhawk
16 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Seriously, with how bad some offenses are in the B1G, how could you not have some B1G teams in the Top 20 in defense!  Really, seriously!  Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue, Minny and Iowa.  Juggernauts there I am telling you.  I think that B1G is a good to great conference, but really its not the Big 12 or Pac 12.  Those conferences have offenses.  B1G is still 3 yards and a cloud of dust!

The Big 12 and Pac 12 have never been known for defense.  Are the offenses that superior to the BIG and SEC or are the defenses that bad in the Pac/Big 12? The SEC has 5 teams in the top 15 for total defense so is that a case of horrible offenses too?

Edited by HuskerNation1

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The Big 12 and Pac 12 have never been known for defense.  Are the offenses that superior to the BIG and SEC or are the defenses that bad in the Pac/Big 12? The SEC has 5 teams in the top 15 for total defense so is that a case of horrible offenses too?

SEC and B1G are very similiar this season.  Bad comparison.  East side of the SEC is very close, if not worse than the West side of the B1G.  Sorry if you can't admit that Rutgers, Illinois, Iowa, Minny, Nebraska, Purdue and maybe even Northwestern are not great offensive teams, your blinded by B1G glasses.  I don't know rankings of these offenses, but guessing that in total offense, all of these or nearly all of these teams rank in the bottom half in the nation.

2 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

SEC and B1G are very similiar this season.  Bad comparison.  East side of the SEC is very close, if not worse than the West side of the B1G.  Sorry if you can't admit that Rutgers, Illinois, Iowa, Minny, Nebraska, Purdue and maybe even Northwestern are not great offensive teams, your blinded by B1G glasses.  I don't know rankings of these offenses, but guessing that in total offense, all of these or nearly all of these teams rank in the bottom half in the nation.

I will give you that Illinois and Rutgers are not great, but Iowa hung over 50 on OSU and 44 against overhyped Iowa State.  Maryland put up a lot of points against Texas. Question for you....which Power 5 team did Nebraska score the most points against this year?

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I will give you that Illinois and Rutgers are not great, but Iowa hung over 50 on OSU and 44 against overhyped Iowa State.  Maryland put up a lot of points against Texas. Question for you....which Power 5 team did Nebraska score the most points against this year?

Just looked up total offensive teams:  Top 53 has 4 B1G teams in it.  Indiana 63, Purdue 70, Nebraska 81, Michigan St 85, Iowa 90, Michigan 99 etc......................130 Div 1 teams and yes over half of the B1G is in the bottom half in offensive numbers.  Penn St with 44 and against the 3rd team!

Edited by Nebhawk
1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Just looked up total offensive teams:  Top 53 has 4 B1G teams in it.  Indiana 63, Purdue 70, Nebraska 81, Michigan St 85, Iowa 90, Michigan 99 etc......................130 Div 1 teams and yes over half of the B1G is in the bottom half in offensive numbers.  Penn St with 44 and against the 3rd team!

This just goes to show the BIG defenses are strong...thx!

Also you didnt answer my question...which P5 team did Nebraska score the most points against this season?

4 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

This just goes to show the BIG defenses are strong...thx!

Also you didnt answer my question...which P5 team did Nebraska score the most points against this season?

Look again

Majority of the SEC is in the top half in total offense, so yeah, they still have the best Defenses in the country each year as well.

Big 12 has all but two teams in the top 60 in offense.  KSU and KU are both in the bottom side of 90 in total offense.  All this actually proves nothing in the long run, but I have always thought that the B1G gets way more credit for playing strong D than they deserve on most years.  Its a combination of styles and weather.  Most B1G teams can't play spread option attacking football in the northern climates and the Big Ten west is really bad at football!

Time to change that!

8 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Not to mention that the Top teams in Big 12 and B1G played this season and OU held Ohio St to 16 points.

And Maryland dropped 51 on Texas while OU only scores 29 against Texas. Hmm...we are going to have to agree to disagree that the BIG places more emphasis on defense than the Big/pac 12.

Moreover, I still stand by my statement that defense wins championships and that we should look outside of Eric Chinander as the next DC

Edited by HuskerNation1
2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I forgot about the garbage points in the end that didnt mean a thing. Of course the oast 4 games were a blur. So does Nebhawke now think NU is an offensive juggernaut for laying 44 on PSU?  Our next highest output came against Oregon in a game we actually had a chance to win. 

Number don't lie, we rank 81st in total offense out of 130 teams in all of Division1.  Thats a juggernaut there!