Erik Chinander

25 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Memphis does have the 2nd highest scoring offense in FBS. So it’s not like they were going to shut them down.  Too many breakdowns though. 

How many points do you think Memphis score against teams like Wiscy, Clemson, Bama, Auburn, Georgia? We need to quit settling for good, we should go for championships and I guarantee if Frost comes and his defense looks like crap it wont be long before the fan base starts to get restless. We are going to go up against defenses that will be able to slow his offense up at times. Will we be able to stop their offenses?

20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand Chinander’s D hasn’t looked great the past 2 weeks, but I would be interested in how his D has done over the course of the entire season. Specifically, how did his D do against the UCF opponents compared to those opponents’ season averages. 

FEI has UCF defense at 16.  For reference Nebraska is 109.

FEI is a college football rating system based on opponent-adjusted drive efficiency.

S&P has UCF defense at 66.  For reference Nebraska is 107.

The S&P+ Ratings are a college football ratings system derived from the play-by-play data of all 800+ of a season's FBS college football games (and 140,000+ plays).

Edited by Red Five
  • Plus1 4
20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand Chinander’s D hasn’t looked great the past 2 weeks, but I would be interested in how his D has done over the course of the entire season. Specifically, how did his D do against the UCF opponents compared to those opponents’ season averages. 

They've gave up over 24 points 3 times. We held teams under 24 points 3 times. IIRC.