Erik Chinander

23 hours ago, olddominionhusker said:

Venables took some heat at OU for his defense at times. Now he’s a genius in the ACC. Everyone likes to say they don’t play D in that conference, but not enough credit is given to how good some of those offenses are as well. Over the years we’ve seen vaunted Big10 defenses like Michigan St. in the college playoff Get ripped open by good offenses

After Diaco/Banker/Cosgrove I'd give a major organ donation to have Venables on our sideline.  One can dream...

On 12/2/2017 at 10:54 PM, The Dude said:

I imagine "is Frost willing to fire his buddy" will be a major topic of discussion in the coming years.

Sorry, guys. I hope that Chinander is better for y'all than he was for us, but I don't know a UCF fan that wasn't happy to see him go. 

And this was a progression from the beginning of the season where everyone wanted him to take over if Frost left. But his defense became more about forcing turnovers than stopping scores. For your sake, I hope that the rapid decline over the season was because he was checking out and looking for other jobs rather than other coaches figuring him out.

But that's a really sad best-case scenario. 

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

As a guy that coached defense for a lot of years my goals were usually pretty simple.

Don't let the other team score first

No plays over 20 yards

No 3rd or 4th down conversions

Hold teams under 16 points

Force 3 turnovers a game

Win

The only one I actually cared about was the last one

So what you're saying is you did not follow the Diaco game plan. :)