Erik Chinander

He will be coming with Scott. He instills toughness and effort into his players. His defenses also force turnovers unlike ours and put the offense in position to score points. One game does not indicate how good or bad a DC is, but I would be excited to have him here. If Scott trusts him why would he leave him out to dry. I could potentially see him being a co-DC, but I doubt that will happen.

43 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

He will be coming with Scott. He instills toughness and effort into his players. His defenses also force turnovers unlike ours and put the offense in position to score points. One game does not indicate how good or bad a DC is, but I would be excited to have him here. If Scott trusts him why would he leave him out to dry. I could potentially see him being a co-DC, but I doubt that will happen.

A few games this year I remember thinking about the amount of turnovers the UCF defense caused and how that allowed them to bury teams quickly.

Guess who is tied for the number one turnover margin? It's UCF. This is really big and can win you games. When you are struggling and you need a spark Turnovers can swing the momentum your way and Chins defenses did that. I like this guy and want to give him a chance. I bet the LBs coach comes with them but outside of those two I have no idea who will fill out the rest of the staff.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/29/p1

4 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Guess who is tied for the number one turnover margin? It's UCF. This is really big and can win you games. When you are struggling and you need a spark Turnovers can swing the momentum your way and Chins defenses did that. I like this guy and want to give him a chance. I bet the LBs coach comes with them but outside of those two I have no idea who will fill out the rest of the staff.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/29/p1

I believe anyone with Nebraska ties is N.

30 minutes ago, FTW said:

Scott is going to find the best DC money can buy that's why Chinander won't come. And no, Diaco wasn't the best DC money can buy.

IDK, lots of the HoL guys are saying he is most likely coming. I would not mind him, because he has some great chemistry with Frost. Sometimes continuity can trump splash hires or thought of splash hires(Diaco). 

2 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

IDK, lots of the HoL guys are saying he is most likely coming. I would not mind him, because he has some great chemistry with Frost. Sometimes continuity can trump splash hires or thought of splash hires(Diaco). 

The chemistry has proven to pay off at NIU, Oregon, and UCF. I'm all for Chinander but I think he has a serious shot at becoming the HC there and will coach them in their bowl game.

Would be unfair to judge him before he coaches a down here.... I ultimately don't know if he's any good or not, BUT....

Are we setting ourselves up for the same problems down the road that we had before with coordinators and loyalty? How can we be sure we aren't getting another Cosgrove or Banker situation here?

What if Frost completely makes the offense awesome, but we're still garbage on the other side of the ball? People will turn on Frost quickly if Chinander isn't good and we find ourselves plateauing again after 3-4 years. Do we wanna go through the whole thing again where Moos and Frost may begin to fragment over coordinator loyalty?

This is a cycle that absolutely can't repeat itself if we are to be successful. Anymore, when you hire a coach these days, it seems like you get the whole set of assistants attached at the hip.... are head coaches only as good as the weakest links on staff? 

Again, all pure theoretical nonsense....... just expressing needless worry as I am often prone to do.

2 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

Would be unfair to judge him before he coaches a down here.... I ultimately don't know if he's any good or not, BUT....

Are we setting ourselves up for the same problems down the road that we had before with coordinators and loyalty? How can we be sure we aren't getting another Cosgrove or Banker situation here?

What if Frost completely makes the offense awesome, but we're still garbage on the other side of the ball? People will turn on Frost quickly if Chinander isn't good and we find ourselves plateauing again after 3-4 years. Do we wanna go through the whole thing again where Moos and Frost may begin to fragment over coordinator loyalty?

This is a cycle that absolutely can't repeat itself if we are to be successful. Anymore, when you hire a coach these days, it seems like you get the whole set of assistants attached at the hip.... are head coaches only as good as the weakest links on staff? 

Again, all pure theoretical nonsense....... just expressing needless worry as I am often prone to do.

It has crossed my mind also, but hopefully it is just due to what happened recently with Riley and the band of washed up coaches. Let's give em a chance, we must be patient this time. 

5 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

All theoretical, but after all we’ve been through, being the Oklahoma of the big 10 wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world

• Plus1 1