Nebrasketball Game #30 - Indiana (Tuesday, February 20 - 8:00pm - BTN)

Mavric

Hopefully the players come out with more confidence and energy than the fan base. It's hard to be optimistic after that loss at Illinois, but this team has shown they can play with anyone in the league (except MSU, although I think we could play them close as well), so they still have a chance to make the dance if they can win the next 3 or 4 games.

I don't watch a lot of bball so maybe there's something I'm missing, like the # of defenders in the paint, but it seems to me we have several players who can drive to the basket and have a lot of success, but we're not doing it nearly often enough. And too often when we do drive, we're passing it back out to someone to take a bad three point shot. I mean, Palmer seems to make pretty much every layup he attempts. I've seen him kick it out quite a few times in the last 2 games when he should have just taken the shot.

Edited by Moiraine
14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't watch a lot of bball so maybe there's something I'm missing, like the # of defenders in the paint, but it seems to me we have several players who can drive to the basket and have a lot of success, but we're not doing it nearly often enough. And too often when we do drive, we're passing it back out to someone to take a bad three point shot. I mean, Palmer seems to make pretty much every layup he attempts. I've seen him kick it out quite a few times in the last 2 games when he should have just taken the shot.

Indiana is forcing Nebraska to start their offense 30 ft away from the basket to begin possessions (not ideal), then packing the lane any time Nebraska attempts to drive inside. Knock down a few of those threes and it will open things up. We have a few guys that can create their own shot, but really only one guy who can get his own shot at the rim, which is Palmer....

To your point, Nebraska is not being aggressive enough offensively. Evidence? 15 3pt attempts, and zero FT attempts.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway