How do you scrape ice off a vehicle?

How do you scrape ice off a vehicle?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/24/2018 at 3:09 PM, knapplc said:

Did they flip the scraper over and use the grinder edge?  That's what it's for - rimed-on ice. 

GKnJpko.jpg

You're not supposed to turn your car on and leave it, especially if you walk away from it.  There are tons of stories of people getting their cars stolen while they're warming up in the driveway. 

It's nice living in a community where I have absolutely zero fear of this.  I'll leave mine running as long as I want and leave.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

If I am home and the work van has a thick coating of hard ice (not frost), I fill a big pitcher with lukewarm water (not hot) and pour it over the windshield.  I do it on side glass and mirrors as well.  I've been told by several that it will crack the windshield but it hasn't for me and I've done it hundreds of times.  For frost and if I'm in a hurry I use de-icer.  Otherwise I just start it and let it warm up.

I admit, I've done it.  Just once, out of desperation because it was so incredibly thick, it would have taken hours to do it any other way.

13 hours ago, TheGainfulHusker said:

Remote starter + a windshield cover is a great investment. This is my first winter with the windshield cover and now I ask myself how I've gone so long without one. I have not had to scrape my windshield with all the snow and freezing rain he have gotten. Just make sure you get a quality one like this - AMAZON LINK.

Steelers? Gross