How do you scrape ice off a vehicle?

How do you scrape ice off a vehicle?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, huKSer said:

Enter vehicle

Turn on vehicle

Push garage door opener

Exit garage

Push garage door opener again to close said door

You can go to hell!!

Also, according to my mom, if your car is inside the garage for ONE second while turned on, it's instant death.

She also thinks that every single movie ever created winds up on television.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1

Anyhoo, the reason I asked this is all the cars in the parking lot yesterday morning were blocks of ice, and I saw 2 guys grab their ice picks and scrape forever, accomplishing nothing. I assumed they were not from Nebraska because what kind of idiot doesn't turn the car on first?

So if you answered " Enter vehicle. Grab scraper, exit vehicle and scrape," you're wrong.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Anyhoo, the reason I asked this is all the cars in the parking lot yesterday morning were blocks of ice, and I saw 2 guys grab their ice picks and scrape forever, accomplishing nothing. I assumed they were not from Nebraska because what kind of idiot doesn't turn the car on first?

So if you answered " Enter vehicle. Grab scraper, exit vehicle and scrape," you're wrong.

Did they flip the scraper over and use the grinder edge?  That's what it's for - rimed-on ice. 

GKnJpko.jpg

You're not supposed to turn your car on and leave it, especially if you walk away from it.  There are tons of stories of people getting their cars stolen while they're warming up in the driveway. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Did they flip the scraper over and use the grinder edge?  That's what it's for - rimed-on ice. 

GKnJpko.jpg

You're not supposed to turn your car on and leave it, especially if you walk away from it.  There are tons of stories of people getting their cars stolen while they're warming up in the driveway. 

I don't leave mine. I get out right away and start scraping the back window since it heats up fast. I don't know what they were using but they struggled for like 10 minutes with the car off while I finished mine in about 2.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

GKnJpko.jpg

That's why you lock the doors if you leave it. I don't know about Nebraska but around here you can get ticketed for a "puffer" vehicle if you leave it running unattended. But I really don't care if it's 3 degrees out I'm going to opt for staying warm. I keep mine in the garage at night but t I do have to park outside at work so I usually just hit the remote start about 10 minutes before I leave. Kind of upset that my seat heaters don't come on with the remote start like my last vehicle did. I'm a wuss.

• Plus1 1