Childress, Sirianni Added to Husker Coaching Staff

From the original tweet, how is this a real cool move? He been on staff with Huskers since 2021 :dunno  (player development)

He was in the SEC as Tex Aggie's coach for 15 years and he got let go.  A&M wanted TCU's coach instead.  And Childress hadn't been around Nebraska since the late 90's and early 2000's with the Huskers.  That's a Long time ago.  

I mean, Is this the best pitching coach the Huskers can get ?  Not trying to be rude like, just an honest question.  I think Bolt and staff are just going with "the ties of the past" to be honest.  "Once a Husker, always a Husker".  Hope it works out, but I have my doubts that this was the best move for a pitching staff.

2 hours ago, admo said:

From the original tweet, how is this a real cool move? He been on staff with Huskers since 2021 :dunno  (player development)

He was in the SEC as Tex Aggie's coach for 15 years and he got let go.  A&M wanted TCU's coach instead.  And Childress hadn't been around Nebraska since the late 90's and early 2000's with the Huskers.  That's a Long time ago.  

I mean, Is this the best pitching coach the Huskers can get ?  Not trying to be rude like, just an honest question.  I think Bolt and staff are just going with "the ties of the past" to be honest.  "Once a Husker, always a Husker".  Hope it works out, but I have my doubts that this was the best move for a pitching staff.

A&M moving on from Childress to Schlossnagle is akin to if Notre Dame were to have moved on from Brian Kelly to hire Urban Meyer - replacing a near elite with an elite. But if you want some specifics as to how this is a real cool move:

A. He has years of rapport and chemistry with Bolt

B. He's been considered one of the best pitching coaches in the country for decades

C. He's also considered one of the best recruiters in the country

D. Just three years ago his A&M pitching staff set a school record in strikeouts, led the NCAA in strikeout-to-walk ratio, ranked second in strikeouts per nine innings, third in ERA, and eight in WHIP.

E. Do you know of any other coaches who want to be our pitching coach who very recently ended a very successful 15 year stint as a head coach in the SEC?

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...