Will Rhule make it to year 4?

BoSolich

1 hour ago, huskerfan333157 said:

So you're using one team as an example?  It was an impressive win but your lack of college football knowledge still holds true. You still haven't named a coach who has completely turned it around in 1 season after having 5 losing season. But you apparently think 1=12. 

When Bob Devaney took over head coaching duties for Nebraska in 1962, the Cornhuskers had a losing record for the 6 previous seasons. Devaney's team went 9-2 that first season. Devaney never had a losing season, won 6 bowl games along with 2 national championships in 11 seasons.

Tulane had experienced 9 losing seasons in a row when Tommy Bowden took over in 1997. He went 7-4 his first season, and 11-0 his second season before moving on to Clemson.

Colorado had a losing record the last 6 season in a row, and 16 of the last 17 seasons total. Worst Power-5 team I can think of over that time period. So Deion & Co. is my present-day example. He's 1-0 as of now.

Your "5 losing seasons in a row" qualifier makes it harder to find examples, but this is what I dug up in 10 mins.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

On 9/1/2023 at 7:53 PM, suh_fan93 said:

Even if we really tanked I still think he'd be here by year 4.  Trev's guy.

He is definitely here at the beginning of year 4 unless there is a major controversy.   Even if the first 3 seasons Nebraska didn't make a bowl game, he still would get at least most of the 4th season before getting canned if he failed again.