Colorado - TCU Gamethread

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

We’re going to have our hands full. CU is looking much better than I anticipated. But it’s still been the hype train to end all hype trains. Doesn’t matter if they back it up or not, the hype has been way over the top. I prefer humble, speak softly and carry a big stick.

I guess. Husker fans have so many good reasons to be humble. Might be nice to flex for a change. 

• TBH 1
9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I guess. Husker fans have so many good reasons to be humble. Might be nice to flex for a change. 

Just a personal preference, probably learned from the TO years. Never have liked showboats. It makes no difference to me if somebody backs it up or not. Don’t act like a jackwagon.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

We’re going to have our hands full. CU is looking much better than I anticipated. But it’s still been the hype train to end all hype trains. Doesn’t matter if they back it up or not, the hype has been way over the top. I prefer humble, speak softly and carry a big stick.

The reason they're much better than you anticipated is because of what you dismiss as hype.  Half the battle is getting high end recruits to come play for you.

We can have our preferences, but we're not football recruits so our preferences our irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The reason they're much better than you anticipated is because of what you dismiss as hype.  Half the battle is getting high end recruits to come play for you.

We can have our preferences, but we're not football recruits so our preferences our irrelevant. 

Can’t argue with that. But I still have my preferences and I’m not a fan of CU or Deion. But, like you said, I’m not a recruit or doing the recruiting so what I prefer doesn’t mean jack. I’m perfectly happy with Rhule and glad we didn’t go the Prime route. Can’t envision anything that would ever change that.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Can’t argue with that. But I still have my preferences and I’m not a fan of CU or Deion. But, like you said, I’m not a recruit or doing the recruiting so what I prefer doesn’t mean jack. I’m perfectly happy with Rhule and glad we didn’t go the Prime route. Can’t envision anything that would ever change that.

The only thing I can envision is proof that you actually can turnaround a struggling football program overnight. 

• TBH 1