Bye Week Pressers

Mavric

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I mean we have no other options at RB if we put both Grant and E Johnson on the bench for fumbling.

Or we turn to Cooper Jewett.

There is still Kwinten Ives.  ;)

And it seems to me that the one fumble was probably Johnson's fault.  But not in the same category of fumbles.

He publicly called out Grant for fumbling.  Then had him in the game when all we were trying to do was run the clock out and guess what happened.  And he was still talking about Sims being the guy (may still be) even with the fumbles he's had.

I'm not saying I disagree with what he's done (except for Grant in the Minnesota game).  But I think it's fair to point out that his actions haven't exactly backed up the rhetoric on this particular issue.

• TBH 1

To me the fumbling thing comes down to are the fumbles because of an interaction between players, or a fumble that happens on their own.

Grant's fumbles are on his own. All of the QB fumbles have been interactions between RB and or Center. (A teamwork type of issues)  Those are issues that should be a lot easier to fix.  Fumbling because you aren't carrying the rock correctly is a bit harder.

And in my mind that is what Rhule is trying to express, but not doing a very good job of it.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Jeremiah Charles and Brice Turner are both working at Corner at the moment - based on the 2023 and 2024 classes, there are going to be a lot of guys getting looks on both sides of the ball until they settle into a position. Cooper had mentioned he was trying to get Charles in his room a few weeks ago.

the way injuries are piling up the last 11 healthy guys for the bowl game will have to play on offense, defense, and special teams