MLB 2024

7 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I think he's going to be a very solid player. I started watching him a couple years ago when he was at Florida where he was obviously quite good. Once I read that Texas was going to let him join the club for Spring Training I figured it was worth a shot as there was a chance he might make the club out of ST given Texas's openness to playing young guys if they are ready regardless of service time.

Our recently new GM said that it's different these days and if some players are ready right away, you embrace it and give them every opportunity to play in the majors.  Carter was 20 years old when given a chance to play the final 21 games of last season and start nearly every playoff game.  And the GM said that Langford almost got added to the playoff roster when a few guys got hurt.... Even though he only played 44 minor league games.  

We are definitely in a good situation offensively.  Pitching not so much. And I don't think our closer is good enough and is really an 8th inning guy. We need a real closer.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, admo said:

Wow, you should have adopted the Rangers at that moment for your #2 team!  That's pretty cool !

Your starting pitcher last night was very difficult to hit.  Mixes speeds with his slider and sweeper. It's unfortunate for y'all he pulled that hammy.....  As it turned out it was a happy ending for us chuckleshuffle

Naaaa….i used to hate the American League with the DH. Now….i guess it doesn’t matter. 

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Naaaa….i used to hate the American League with the DH. Now….i guess it doesn’t matter. 

Felt same about NL league, bc they would walk the 8th hole hitter to get a cheap easy out by pitching to the pitcher who can't even swing a tennis racquet.  And NL pitchers had better ERA because of it. And the game sucked because of it.

However, I do appreciate Cubs baseball and all that is good about Wrigley Field and Chicago.

But I also like Southside White Sox too, so there's that lol

Chicago is such a great sports city..... I think the best.

I love New York too, but if it wasn't for the Yankees.... The occasional Giants or a Hockey team once in a while..... NY and LA just can't measure up to Chicago IMHO

EDIT..... Come to think of it, Chicago sports teams haven't exactly won much at all...... Lol.... They suck too ! :lol:

Edited by admo
Keeping it real

Kansas City Royals off to a good start to the season. 6-4 overall. 

Entering Sunday, Royals starters had an MLB-best 1.26 ERA and just 28 hits allowed. Kansas City leads the league with eight quality starts, setting a franchise record with only eight runs allowed by starters over the first nine games (57 1/3 innings) of the season.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1