18 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

It only bothers me when it makes us late leaving. Mind you it’s never that dirty/messy to begin with. Taking the kitchen trash out makes sense. Vacuuming and doing the wood floors…not a biggie but completely unnecessary imo. But the laundry? This is what invariably makes us late leaving. Those frikken clothes will be there when we get back. But no, the hampers have to be empty. :bang  It’s nice to have it all done but not at the expense of leaving 2-4 hours late.

Yes.  There's a happy medium.  Things that make sense like taking the trash out.  And....yes, do it early enough that it doesn't affect leaving on time.

We're leaving today to go out of town.  Luckily, we had a party two nights ago and my wife woke up this morning and proclaimed, the house is already clean, so we don't have to do that before we leave.  :clap

• Oh Yeah! 3

4 minutes ago, desertshox said:

Just so I am reading this right, you clean before the cleaning lady comes?

I said pick stuff up. Pretty sure that's what most people do. The cleaning people do the scrubbing and vacuuming and dusting, not pick up stuff you left laying around in random places since the last time they were at the house. I think only housekeepers do that kind of work, unless you want to pay a cleaning person a crapton of $.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Everyone I know that has cleaners...they all clean before the cleaners get there.  Everyone. 

The people who don't do this before the cleaners come must be weird neat freaks. I don't want the lady to know how many times I got take out and then proceeded to not throw anything away.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The people who don't do this before the cleaners come must be weird neat freaks. I don't want the lady to know how many times I got take out and then proceeded to not throw anything away.

Hiring a cleaner is on the agenda for 2024. And I likely will tidy up a bit before they come.