Husker Offense

Mavric

14 hours ago, Toe said:

Not sure how you're expecting those guys to put up huge season numbers when they weren't even on the field until like 2/3 of the way through the season...

I wasn't expecting them to put up huge numbers but bc I pointed out the wr's stats you can't tell me with bad qb play and them clearly not being ready to see the field that it should be better with only trying to bring in one wr to help the offense out.  Our qb next season needs weapons to throw too yes (Coleman, and Lloyd) played but I still feel like their isn't a proven playmaking wr or even a secondary one on the team right now and if you watched this season both of them had a hard time separating even with the speed that both of them had.

• Haha 2

God, I'm gonna hate listening to certain posters on this board next year when Raiola plays like a true freshman (which he is)...

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
4 minutes ago, Toe said:

God, I'm gonna hate listening to certain posters on this board next year when Raiola plays like a true freshman (which he is)...

Meh...there will be a few that rage when he makes mistakes.  But, the vast majority of Husker fans will realize he's a true freshman.  The true rage will be if, even with him playing, we don't see any improvement in QB play.  I think there is a very small chance of that....even if DK is the QB.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Meh...there will be a few that rage when he makes mistakes.  But, the vast majority of Husker fans will realize he's a true freshman.  The true rage will be if, even with him playing, we don't see any improvement in QB play.  I think there is a very small chance of that....even if DK is the QB.

Yeah... this was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true of the last true freshman we had playing QB. Husker fans are so rational and understanding that I'm sure Dylan will receive a pass from the fan base when he makes rookie mistakes. Two losses and most of the board will have him listed as a Bust* and be debating whether we burn DK's shirt or give Haarberg a chance. 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 2
3 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Yeah... this was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true of the last true freshman we had playing QB. Husker fans are so rational and understanding that I'm sure Dylan will receive a pass from the fan base when he makes rookie mistakes. Two losses and most of the board will have him listed as a loss and be debating whether we burn DK's shirt or give Haarberg a chance. 

Like I said, there will be a few.  They will be vocal and post constantly in every thread.  But, it will be a minority.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

21 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So now that we have a completely new offense does everyone expect Neyor and Banks to start along with Dowdell and Raiola or do you think Gabe or Rahmir might start a head of Dowdell?  I feel like the offense is going to look completely different next year now.

RB is going to be by committee, like usual.  Not sure it really matters who actually starts. But, if I had to guess, it would probably be Gabe, if he comes back completely from injury.  

WR is more interesting to me.  I think Banks is probably going to start.  Neyor is more of a competition guy for the younger guys.  And....who knows who all is coming out of that group as the starters.  I still think there's a lot of good talent there.  They now have some experience and know what they need to work on.  I would be really happy if neither Neyor nor Banks starts because our young guys took such a huge leap and guys like Coleman, Bell and Loyd have huge years.

55 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

RB is going to be by committee, like usual.  Not sure it really matters who actually starts. But, if I had to guess, it would probably be Gabe, if he comes back completely from injury.  

WR is more interesting to me.  I think Banks is probably going to start.  Neyor is more of a competition guy for the younger guys.  And....who knows who all is coming out of that group as the starters.  I still think there's a lot of good talent there.  They now have some experience and know what they need to work on.  I would be really happy if neither Neyor nor Banks starts because our young guys took such a huge leap and guys like Coleman, Bell and Loyd have huge years.

committee yes.  "Hey the starter is getting in a rhythm" Coach: "better yank him for the next guy"