Saban Retiring

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

Don’t really understand these Bama offensive players bailing. UW had a humming offense that they could thrive in. Their defense wasn’t very good though.  I guess the uncertainty causes an opportunity to go grab a bigger bag?  College football is becoming a circus. I bet this is a large part of why Saban said good time to retire. What else does he have to prove and all this transfer stuff is nothing but headaches and you know there is shady stuff going on all over the place.

Are they all starters, or just guys on the 2 or 3 deep that one a chance to start somewhere?

• TBH 1

2 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Don’t really understand these Bama offensive players bailing. UW had a humming offense that they could thrive in. Their defense wasn’t very good though.  I guess the uncertainty causes an opportunity to go grab a bigger bag?  College football is becoming a circus. I bet this is a large part of why Saban said good time to retire. What else does he have to prove and all this transfer stuff is nothing but headaches and you know there is shady stuff going on all over the place.

Alabama isn't a great NIL destination.  Playing for Nick Saban and the prestige and championships is what pulled great croots to the program.

With Nick gone, a few of these great croots are looking at personal options and possibly NIL opportunity.  I said a few, meaning some.  So it's not really about another really good coach coming in.  It's just that they could be on another good team, but get paid a lot too.  If that makes sense.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Dude, if you can leave for free (these guys are not using up their 1 free transfer) you leave and get a nice deal...then you leave again and get another deal.  Then you leave as a grad transfer and get another deal.

Mmm-That-does-sound-good

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

19 hours ago, teachercd said:

Dude, if you can leave for free (these guys are not using up their 1 free transfer) you leave and get a nice deal...then you leave again and get another deal.  Then you leave as a grad transfer and get another deal.

Like I said a circus Saban didn’t want to deal with. Can’t blame him.

19 hours ago, teachercd said:

Part of me wonders if the Athletic Departments want a players unions or some further regulation so the schools/coaches can eliminate the unforeseen variables. Right now is kind of like the Wild West for the prospects and they should run with it until the grifters leach onto their NIL money.