Grade todays performance..

HSKRNOKC

Offense-A

Defense-B

Special teams-B+

Coaching-A

didn't see the game but from what I have heard on the radio broadcast that i have listened to so far, the offense was great. The secondary needs to get more work and i just really like the coaching of running the ball down their throats like they have practiced all spring and summer.

Offense: B+ I think we could have done a few things better i.e. penalties, dropped passes, fumble, but overall we were clicking fairly well. I know we can do better and I hope we are at an A level come Sept. 16th at USC.

Defense: B- The first half was better than the second. We need to get more pressure on the quarterback because our secondary can't take a QB with some time on his hands. It's almost a tale of two defenses LB's and D-line B- secondary C they need a lot of work, but we all know that.

Special Teams: B They were sworming to the ball, but unfortuantely it was almost too fast. They were overpursuing, but we all know they can do better. Give it some time and I think this will be a bright spot for us.

Coaching: A They called a lot of running plays and they established the run once again. They showed the nation that you better stand up and take notice of our 4 backs or they will come back to bite you!!!! I like the 4 different TE look, that was awesome!!!! :thumbs

Offense B-

Good, but still lacked execution. Penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, 4 nears picks. Still a work in progress.

Defense C-

With the exception of AC playing DT for a few plays, I wasn't sure if there even was an interior line. The supposed great LB's were ordinary, and the DB's were downright scary.

Special Teams C-

Nice looking punter, weak legged place kicker, average return game, below average coverage units.

Coaching C+

Took the offensive coaches 3 years to finally figure out a running game. Very generic gameplan. Defensive plan was poor, many wide open WR's, and the DL gave up about 5 yards per carry to the opposing RB's.

PS did you see the Tech defenders doing this:

:bonez

Offense B-

Good, but still lacked execution. Penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, 4 nears picks. Still a work in progress.

Defense C-

With the exception of AC playing DT for a few plays, I wasn't sure if there even was an interior line. The supposed great LB's were ordinary, and the DB's were downright scary.

Special Teams C-

Nice looking punter, weak legged place kicker, average return game, below average coverage units.

Coaching C+

Took the offensive coaches 3 years to finally figure out a running game. Very generic gameplan. Defensive plan was poor, many wide open WR's, and the DL gave up about 5 yards per carry to the opposing RB's.

no comment...except 49-10

Offense= B-, they weren't perfect but did we really expect them to be. The turnovers are something that we can't afford especially two in the red zone. But those are mistakes that we can correct.

Defense= C, our line got some pressure early but seemed to fade in the second half. I don't know if it was the play calling or the way the game was going. Our linebackers didn't exactly make any big plays to be considered an elite unit. Secondary is going to need some help. Green bought on way to many play fakes and totally lost his responsiblitity way too many times. Blitzing may be a bad idea with this team as it leaves our secondary in a huge disadvantage.

Special Teams= C, nothing special. COverage needs to get better and returns left a little to be desired. Punter did well. Kind of wished that Congdon could of kicked a field goal on the fourth and three in the first quarter but the play call was perfect if Taylor gets the ball a little higher.

Coaching= A-. They came in with a plan to run the football and they did just that. I thought watching the game the first time that they should of passed more to open up the run but it all worked out.

Offense B-

Defense C-

Special Teams C-

Coaching C+

no comment...except 49-10

Come on Hazer, you remeber Formerfan oooops I mean Aweshucks. The guy that loved to bring everyone down with his negative comments and coach Callihan bashing. Posting anything to get a rise out of people. Seems he found himself a new user name but his negitivity still shines bright like the old one!!

Come on Hazer, you remeber Formerfan oooops I mean Aweshucks. The guy that loved to bring everyone down with his negative comments and coach Callihan bashing. Posting anything to get a rise out of people. Seems he found himself a new user name but his negitivity still shines bright like the old one!!

I may have to go after him like a spider monkey!

Offense????

Defense???

Special teams???

Coaching???

Overall??

ABCD???? Expalnation of grade???

OFFENSE: A- There were some mental errors that need to be corrected (fumbles, penalties, dropped passes, etc). But these are minor and can be fixed; need to be fixed before the 16th.

DEFENSE: B+ The D-line started strong as did the LB but seemed to have faded away as the game went on. I don't know if it was because LaTech made adjustments or what. Whatever the case, the D-line needs to put pressure on the QB on a consistent basis

SPECIAL TEAMS: A They seemed to do pretty good. The punter had a couple of good kicks. The cover team was quick but as was pointed out, seemed to over-pursue at times.

COACHING: A+ I thoroughly loved seeing so much running again and letting Zac Taylor spread the ball around made it tough for LaTech to hone in on just one receiver.

OVERALL: A- There's room for improvement but they're far better than they were this time last year. The team as a whole looked comfortable with the play calling and there weren't many mental errors like illegal procedures, false starts, etc. :w00t:w00t

Oh...And a HUUUUUUGE A+ to the LaTech's Holland for making that spectatular one-handed grab in the endzone. When I saw that I went "Holy sh!t...that was a nice grab!". Ya gotta give props where props are due and Holland deserves some props for that catch. :thumbs

I was at the game and it was a great experience. The team is light years ahead of last year.

Offense: B The WRs need to concentrate more with too many dropped passes that were right to them (5?). Taylor played very well and just needs to be quicker in his reads. Glad to see Ganz get some good reps. (When he threw the TD pass I said "Woo Hoo! We're running up the score. The good ol' days are back! :lol: ) The RB rotation was great with each showing impressive skills. Wilson just needs to protect the ball better. The O-Line is much improved but needs to cut down on stupid penalties. It was great to see such a balanced attack and getting so close to 600 total yards is awesome.

Defense: B Given that the D went with a vanilla approach they did pretty good. No blitzing but it wasn't necessary. The D-Line got a good push and the LBs were flying all over the field. The secondary is scary will will need much improvement. The safeties offered very little support. When Grixby and Isaiah "I'm a little dainty flower" Fluellen went down Brothers got some reps. He did get beat for the touchdown but it was a spectacular catch. Yet everyone in the stadium knew they were going to keep testing that side and the safeties should have adjusted and maybe even cheated into the pass lanes. Much room for improvement but they show alot of promise.

Special Teams: C- Too many missed tackles on the kickoff coverage. There punter was pretty weak and had trouble getting it up the field but Nunn did muff the one which we luckily recovered.

Coaching: B+ The offense had a good balanced approach and there weren't any delay of game penalties so they knew what they wanted to send in. Again the defensive game plan was vanilla but that is understandable at this point. The special teams coaches will be very busy this week shoring up the coverage.

I also hope that Dillard isn't lost long term. On that one series he had four tackles only to be injured on kickoff coverage. Shades of Octavien?

The new video board is awesome and we were eye level in the South endzone. I got chills as our starters did their video bios. The improvements to the stadium look great also.

Offense- B+ I thought the pace of the offense was good. No delay of games and very few procedure penalties. Taylor delivered the ball well, but could have had 3 int. Looks like Kenny Wilson may have fumble issues, but that remains to be seen.

Defense-B It seemed we played up to the ability of our opponent. Nothing fancy pretty much a vanilla defense all day. The secondary looks shaky at best.

Special Teams-C A hard thing to grade. Seemed like a lot of the kickoffs were short and the punting well. the guy average 42 yds and I'll take that.

Coaching-B Bill had the team ready to play. Not like what happened in Norman, Boulder & Manhattan. Play calling still a little suspect, especially going on 4th down when a FG would have at least put some points on the board when the game was still 0-0.

Overall. B Effort was good and we should win these games handily.

I'm not going to hand out grades either because we all know that there is still a lot of improvement...throughout the game the fellas showed a lot of potential and a lot of times were i was kinda scared to be facing a passing team like USC... i think that we are definately going to have to work on our corner play to catch up, hate to say it but if our d-liine doens't dominate the la tech o line how are they going to do against a USC line? linebackers were solid, o-line actually looked pretty good for the most part...a hold here or there and the score could have been more.

Recievers....i was very disapointed with how they still were continually dropping the ball. A lot of those were near perfect passes and people just dropped the ball. Great teams can't have recievers dropping the ball. That is just plain unacceptable.

Running backs... i'm lovin it... i know he only gained 2 yards but when cody glenn ran over those two dudes...WHAMMY.. this could be a bright spot on the team...we don't have a #2 back we have 4 #1 backs...Zac played very well and I personally was very glad to see him get pulled late in the game, give gansz some snaps. and he impressed me with some of the same poise that zac has in the pocket, some of his passes were off but excusably off (if there is such a thing)...

I'll grade the team with an OVERALL grade of a B...it was good but i'm going to be hard on these guys only because i love em and i know that they can do better... I saw some GREAT things out there yesterday but i also saw a lot that they can work on... for game one that was pretty darn good.... :boxosoap:bonez

Offense: B It was a C for the first half performance and an A for the second half. I love how they pounded the rock, a couple of turnovers were bad and there could have been more. A few drops by the wr. Great pass protection.

Defense: B- Started off looking great. DB's need some work. LB's were kind of quiet and they gave up some rushing yards.

Special teams B Gave up some return yards on some and had some great stops on others. Punting looked good (a hellova lot better than the LT punter)

Coaching B+ Was disappointed with some of the play calling. I think it was in the firs half when we were inside the five and they tried to throw a couple of passes instead of giving it to CG. I am trying to remember how that series ended, but I think we had a turnover. Loved how they pounded the rock, and once our passing game got going there were receivers open all over the field.

Overall: B. Some areas to work on, but we held them to 10 points, racked up over 500 yds and over 250 on the ground. Distributed the ball to 10 different receivers and got better TE play all around than all of last year.

Offense: :star:star:star:star

-Great pass attack, great run attack. Lackluster in the 1st half. Wasted a few scoring opportunities. Overall good performance though.

Defense: :star:star:star

-Good pass rush in the first half, but then it died down. They had a few runs, but it was kept under control. We got lit up in the secondary, that needs to change come USC

Special Teams: :star:star:star

-Kickoff team needs to do A LOT better. Punt team was great, so was the punter. Congdon looked okay, didn't have the leg strength there though. Punt return needs to be better (Nunn can't drop the ball like that).

Coaching: :star :star :star :star

-Okay coaching. It really picked up later in the game. Converting on 3rd down, going for it on 4th, and those wide open passing plays were good on the offense side. LA tech didn't have a great Offensive performance, but the coaches will have to work on their pass defense.

Overall: :star :star :star :star

-Good first game. We really needed to light up the scoreboard and statboard, and we did just that. Room for a lot of improvement, but so far I'm liking it.