2024 Spring Practice Pressers

1 hour ago, brophog said:

I understand Barthel is trying to sell to recruits, but in actual football terms that sentence is pretty meaningless anymore. Most of the remaining differences these days are due to things like the rules, hashmark spacing, and various other things we have no actual control over.

Well, the running game is becoming less meaningful in the NFL by the year, so if the RB coach in college is saying that it make me laugh.  It means more in college 100%. 

• Haha 1

The teams that can run the ball win games. 
JJ Mcarthy will be a pro QB, but it was the dominate O-line and Corum that ran the ball down some throats that won them their championship. 
Plus a dominate defense. 

football, even given all the changes to the game and the rules, etc etc…if a team can run the ball, they will win with superior athletes and execution. 
I hope we are balanced, but I really hope we are super tough, hard nosed and want to run first and crush opponents. If we have a good defense and can run the ball….watch out w DR to keep the chains  moving and make big plays downfield. 

but we should always try n run the ball 

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

That doesn't sound great about the defense, though. Not one, but two 99-yard drives? Meh.

The punt team has been directed to not down balls inside the 2 in order to account for this vulnerability.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

This seems hard to believe.

I guess unless the drill was to start the offense at the 1 yard line and see what they could do.

That doesn't sound great about the defense, though. Not one, but two 99-yard drives? Meh.

• Haha 1

The man gives a good quote, that's for sure.

"It is what it is. It is what it is. They’re going to call D-Bell (Demitrius Bell) and say ‘come here, come there,’ but when he’s hurt, who’s there with him? We are. I just have to coach them all like they’re my younger brother. I don’t like to say sons. I coach them all like they’re my younger brother. I’m hard on them probably, like an older brother is, but I try to give them advice, I try to listen to them. Help them through this. Sometimes they offer you so much money, you’ve got to leave. Coaches complain about it. My assistant coaches do the same thing to me – ‘hey, coach, I got this offer to go there.’ I just want them all to be successful. It’s a sad state. I’ll just say that. It’s a sad state. But it is what it is. And you know what? A lot of people want to come here too. A lot of people want to stay here. Roster numbers are certainly not going to be our issue in terms of having enough good players. I hope everyone saw that today. You saw a lot of guys flashing and doing some things. Maybe I’m thinking through three scrimmages, but we have a lot of depth. Keelan Smith made some big time catches down the stretch. I think we have a lot of guys that can make plays."

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1