2024 Portal Szn

13 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This one surprises me as well.   He got hot a few times this year, but was inconsistent.  Was decent coming off the bench.  KT is gone and now it’s time to step up.  

Something is off for me.

All for the best, imo.  The time is now for Hoib's to try to take this team from a team that was celebrated for making the dance for the first time in a decade to one that can actually make the dance consistently and even a short run here and there.

Players like Wilcher won't get you there. There is zero special about that guy.  His ceiling is too low to even be a floor guy for a contender.

Whether or not Hoiberg can bring in better remains to be seen, but staying pat with players you know aren't at the level you want your program to be at isn't the move, either.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, how good is this kid?  Is he better than what we had this year?  

I've never seen him play, so I can't comment on much besides what the stat sheet says

2022-23 So 33.5 mins 14.7 pts 5.8 rbs 2.7 ast 28% 3pt

2023-24 Jr 36.0 mins 20.1 pts 6.3 rbs 2.6 ast 36% 3pt

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I've never seen him play, so I can't comment on much besides what the stat sheet says

2022-23 So 33.5 mins 14.7 pts 5.8 rbs 2.7 ast 28% 3pt

2023-24 Jr 36.0 mins 20.1 pts 6.3 rbs 2.6 ast 36% 3pt

I see him as a 6 man.  We need a pt guard & I don't see him replacing Williams or Gary in the starting lineup.  He is 1 yr guy, so probably won't come to Nebraska.

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I see him as a 6 man.  We need a pt guard & I don't see him replacing Williams or Gary in the starting lineup.  He is 1 yr guy, so probably won't come to Nebraska.

Might be a good replacement for Wilcher.