2024 Portal Szn

6 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He also needs bench players with extra years of eligibility.  As of right now, we are Sr heavy.  You need some core players past next yr. Gavin fits that mold.

Right now we have three players that will be around after next season, so I agree that we need to get a couple of players with at least two years of eligibility left.

16 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Right now we have three players that will be around after next season, so I agree that we need to get a couple of players with at least two years of eligibility left.

Yes, we need to get players that have more than one year eligibility.  But, we also need those players to be contributors THIS year.

I am a complete idiot when it comes to basketball so this is probably a very noob question but we were a very good defensive team last year, yes? Reink is returning or can if he chooses which leads to my question. Is the staff recruiting mostly shooters because they're comfortable with the bigs or is there a lack of transfer talent in the big man group? If Reink doesn't return, do we have a replacement for him?

23 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I am a complete idiot when it comes to basketball so this is probably a very noob question but we were a very good defensive team last year, yes? Reink is returning or can if he chooses which leads to my question. Is the staff recruiting mostly shooters because they're comfortable with the bigs or is there a lack of transfer talent in the big man group? If Reink doesn't return, do we have a replacement for him?

They are in on at least one center, I think.  But, a truly really good big man in BB is about like a really good offensive tackle in football.  They are just harder to find because there are fewer of them.

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

Getting Willam Kyle would be big cause he is an athletic big and a pretty good defender. Would fit nice next to Mast if he does come back.

• Plus1 2

A few updates:

Reports are we aren't getting a visit from Pharrel Payne (Minnesota) as expected later this week.

We have moved on from Joshua Ola-Joseph (Minnesota).  

Another new name to follow as of today is Connor Essegian, a junior SG from Wisconsin.  Started 19 games as a freshman, then as a sophomore was moved to a bench role and only averaged 8 mins/game.  Career 35% shooter from 3.   https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/connor-essegian-1.html

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

A few updates:

Reports are we aren't getting a visit from Pharrel Payne (Minnesota) as expected later this week.

We have moved on from Joshua Ola-Joseph (Minnesota).  

Another new name to follow as of today is Connor Essegian, a junior SG from Wisconsin.  Started 19 games as a freshman, then as a sophomore was moved to a bench role and only averaged 8 mins/game.  Career 35% shooter from 3.   https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/connor-essegian-1.html

The hope here is... Kyle coming? Feels like the interior is the main need now, though yeah getting another shooter would be nice too.

5 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Morgan is leading candidate at center, if Mast doesn't return. And N finished up great on D- in the Big 10. Would like to add more athleticism at guard- Ulis will help here, but- couldn't defend those A&M guards so would be good. I agree with whoever posted earlier Griffiths probably not a great answer here, unsure on Worster- didn't see him a ton at Utah/USU.