Thunderin' Bolts @ Kansas State

K State has Texas this weekend. That's huge for us I think. 1. It might result in trying to stretch arms, likely not but... everyone hates Texa$$. 2. Hopefully, they will be looking forward and come in over confident. 

Bolt & Company need to win this game. I'll argue this 1 game is more important overall than a series win over Northwestern because if we can win this game and the home game it's a series sweep of which, one win is on the road. (rpi boost). Yes, losing a series to Northwestern would be horrendous in both rpi and conference standings so as I type this I know the Northwestern series is more important, still, beating K State in Manhattan would be a very respectable win. 

Road games.  Jump on their pitching, get an early lead, play solid defense and play from ahead.  Would be nice to get 5 or 6 good innings from the Husker starter.  They have done a good job.  Mid relief and late inning bullpen is hit or miss.  

I think this will be a good road test.  But I also think the Huskers have been tested plenty of times against good teams already.  So I am leaning on the Huskers in this one.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Thunderin' Bolts @ Kansas State

Huge game tonight, would be really surprised if they play. It is godawful outside and I don't think the weather is going to be much better down in Manhattan. It looks like the wind might die down by game time but still, pretty terrible weather for baseball. 

The game will be played. Maybe start at 4:00 instead of 6:00. Yep, icy cold (did i spell icy right? stupid spell check) and wind at 15-20 early but tapering off some by game time. Nebraska needs this road game to get their routine and prepare for the weekend. Less than ideal conditions but you stay focused on the goal and come prepared. Going to be a good one tonight. Fingers crossed we come out on top!!

GBR!!!

I kind of think the opposite, the wind is supposed to die down around 5 or 6 so if anything, I wonder if they push back the start a bit to let it...'warm' up? If the game goes or is cancelled, I'm guessing we see something on Twitter here in a couple of hours.

• Plus1 1

Agree with you @Xmas32 we should soon hear but starting late won't help. According to the local weather station, Manhattan's high today is supposed to be between 3-4pm. Temps are supposed to rapidly drop after sundown as they'll have a clear sky. Wind factor would be better for sure though and I assume that is what your referring too when "warmer later". Good Point!!

2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Canceled not postponed.. that sucks.. but seriously, why risk injury. I think its a good decision. Going to be a long boring week without our midweek baseball fix.. Grrr!!!

Some good games today. Coastal Carolina/Clemson, FSU/Florida, Duke/Campbell plus a couple others so not a total waste.

Michigan State loaded the bases in the top of the first, Michigan changes pitchers and gets a popup for out 1 and double play to end the inning. Huge let down for MSU fans and players. Also, with all the MAC schools around (and couple other D1 programs) why the MSU vs Michigan midweek game?