Thunderin' Bolts @ Rutgers

Fantastic play by Stoaks saves game for now. Can’t lose this one. Rutgers leads league in batting average and they just battle. New game. Sears now gets no decision after Huskers blow 6-2 lead. Stoakes saves KP (maybe Dias’s) from loss. Lost track

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Playing their way to a 2 or 3-seed probably at the #1 overall team in the tournament. Fans will declare that the NCAA disrespects us, rather than look at the fact that the team can't hold a 3-run lead against a Big 10 opponent that just lost 5 of their first 6 conference games.

Lots of backward "k"'s with RISP

They have no bats. Without sticks to drive in runs the results will continue. Opposing staffs have figured out that Nebraska can't hit off speed pitching. It's a sad display for a team that has shown they can pitch and sadly, it appears the sticks are getting worse not better. I've said it for 3 weeks, Nebraska, if they don't figure out how to hit the ball won't finish in the top 3 of the conference race. Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, are more consistent. Heck even Iowa and Michigan State right now are playing even with Nebraska.

Bolt is frustrated. That umpire squeezed the Huskers. 3x's during the game last night the Rutgers coach was out laughing and joking with him. Still, excuses are nothing buy a form of crying. Maybe the boys just got the wake up call they needed. Win the darn series and come home or put your heads in the sand and get blown out like the Karen's of the world. Put Up or STFU is the message I'd send if I was Bolt. I damn sure would pu&&yfoot with the team!! Hit the Stinking Ball!!!

53 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

They have no bats. Without sticks to drive in runs the results will continue. Opposing staffs have figured out that Nebraska can't hit off speed pitching. It's a sad display for a team that has shown they can pitch and sadly, it appears the sticks are getting worse not better. I've said it for 3 weeks, Nebraska, if they don't figure out how to hit the ball won't finish in the top 3 of the conference race. Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, are more consistent. Heck even Iowa and Michigan State right now are playing even with Nebraska.

Bolt is frustrated. That umpire squeezed the Huskers. 3x's during the game last night the Rutgers coach was out laughing and joking with him. Still, excuses are nothing buy a form of crying. Maybe the boys just got the wake up call they needed. Win the darn series and come home or put your heads in the sand and get blown out like the Karen's of the world. Put Up or STFU is the message I'd send if I was Bolt. I damn sure would pu&&yfoot with the team!! Hit the Stinking Ball!!!

I felt the ump squeezed us a bit. I watch Big 10+, but listen to Husker radio for call. Sears should have had a k and next pitch was weak single ( not sure if it was inning when they scored),  I thought Borist got rough calls also. Again, no excuses, just observing. We have benefited from squeezing the other way throughout the year. A little surprised that he didn’t stick with Sears at least through 7. Yes, he gave up 2 runs on two solid hits, but hit that proceed rbi was a weak, jam shot that bled into left field. Sears has shown that he doesn’t get extremely rattled a pitch count was non issue. Then Worthley and Borist could have had 8-9. Easy to second guess. All looked good and right moves when it was 6-2

• Plus1 1

It's not pitching. Occasionally pitchers will get squeezed. It's the sticks and there's no denying it. We saw against Creighton, against Kansas, against Wichita St, Northwestern and yes, Ohio State. If the opposing pitchers throw sliders and change ups our hitters will struggle all day long. That's coaching. That shows me they put them in front of a machine rather than live hitting against off speed pitchers. Rutgers again will score 7+ runs today, Nebraska better figure out a way of matching that or they'll get swept. I said it weeks ago, Nebraska is not a regional host team at this point. Heck, if the B1G tournament started next weekend not a single person on this board would expect Nebraska to win it. I'm willing to say most wouldn't expect to see Nebraska in championship game. 

• Haha 1

Runner gets on in top half of one, left stranded, no surprise. 0-0 going into the bottom half.

Announcers are saying anything lifted to left will have a chance to leave with the wind blowing the way it is.. That as we know favors Rutgers.