Matt Herian

Spartness

I can handle him being slower, because he has a knack for getting open and that truely will open the offense more for Taylor and company.

No question. That, along with the running game, was a missing piece of the puzzle last year. Having good TEs to take the pressure of ZT is such a big deal, especially in the WCO.

This offense could be dynamic if:

1. The O-Line continues to mature and improve (anyone think Nicks should be in the starting 5?)

2. Mo Purify picks up the offense quickly.

3. Our TEs stay healthy.

As I have harped for the last two years, this is the toughest injury in the world to overcome. Some people never even get close to overcoming the mental hangups that it involves. I know world class athletes that will not even play golf, are afraid of walking up and down stairs. Let alone get on the football field.

It takes a specail athlete to overcome the physical side of this type of injury. The mental can drag on and on, most of the time never ending.

He is physically healed, he made moves and cuts that took a lot of faith for him to try. He is getting over this setback. He may never ever be 100% but I truly feel he is on the way back. Either way we owe him every bit of support we can give him. Trust me, 95% of the athletes that have this type of injury never even consider returning to the sport they were injured in. I admire his effort, his dedication to the game he loves. You do not come back from this injury unless there is an undying love. He is there, as the year goes on he will get better and better. I am hoping by conference play we will see the old Matt on the field, but trust me he is alot closer than any of us would ever have come. A man among boys.