Jim Rome rips Andre Jones

huskerguy

1. Rome is just another media hack that jumps on with the consenus

2. Around the Horn is more like a circle jerk than a sports program

3. BUT, Andre's play better be as sharp as his mouth or he will be the whipping boy if Booty throws for 400 yrds. I love all the Huskers, but keep the talk in the locker room.

:bonez:bonez:bonez

Must be a slow news day in sports. I've never cared for Rome's opinions.

I think the whole "bulletin board" material thing is so overrated. And you know, someone put a camera and a mic in Andres' face, and he spoke freely. And that's fine. Personally I think it's no big deal.

Gonna be hard for those amazing, talented recievers to make big plays if they're not getting the ball, especially when the big dawgs are finally called onto knock JD Booty around and down like nothing he's seen or felt before. Got the feeling the blitz will be furious and mighty. Carriker, Moore, Turner, Octavien, Mckeon, etc..... Hey, this aint Arkansas!!!

:restore

This is the same guy that said earning a blackshirt was getting free money.

who said this? jones or homo..rome?

Jones said this...........but no dissing Jim Rome.

Jones said this when???

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2233628

Dude you are totally taking his comments out of context.... he is giving the Blackshirt praise... he is saying it is like getting free money... as in it is an "awesome feeling". Pretty sure I'd be extatic if someone handed me a handful of free money.

Maybe.

No. Definitely. Perhaps he could have phrased it like "I feel like I just won the lottery." This kid loves Nebraska.

This is a NON-issue. The SC players don't believe for a second that we have a chance thus the bulletin board material has no real effect.

Second thought. This is a no win situation for Jones unless he just says the same stuff anybody says. "Ya, SC is a good team and we just want to go out there and give our best. The only other alternative is "well I hope we keep it close. We know we're not a good as them but we just don't want to be blown out" It ain't all bad a guy saying he thinks we have a shot at winning.

SC players can't possibly believe that we don't have a chance. They may be confident, but they take every game with seriousness - that's how they keep winning.

I agree with your second thought. Jones has got to keep these statements out of the national press. Nothing wrong with feeling that way - but it should stay within the team. I get the sense that we're losing focus this week and looking ahead to the hype of the game - and not the actual execution of the football.

The confidence is great, however, he needs to shut the f--- up!!! I would almost respect this from AC or McKeon, but from a guy who has only played in ONE division 1 game--- :wtf

Like a caller said on Justice today "I remember what Tommie Frazier said prior to the Fiesta Bowl. He said 'We said all the right things-that Florida was a great team, it was going to be a tough battle..but in the locker room we all knew that we were going to blow them out.' "

USC is like NU from that year, and NU is more like Kansas was that year.

Just shut your mouths and play the damn game already :steam

Sure, maybe it's bulletin board material - but, what was he supposed to say - that we are going to lose? A player has to "believe" - and, part of that may be saying things that are taken to the bulletin board.

Sure, maybe he should have kept his mouth shut - but, failing that, I would rather have a player that believes in a win - than one that believes in a loss.

No big betting line moves yet - still watching. So far, we are about 18.5 point dogs. And, not that anyone cares - but, the over is too low.

Way I look at this game is a matter of respect. I think we could win - it will take a hell of an effort - but it CAN happen. Failing that - put in a GREAT show - better than the spread (make it a GAME) and they STILL get respect.

Beating the point spread is good - it means you do better than was expected. I just think - Nebraska will do...better than that. I honestly think that USC may be in trouble here.

On Rome Is Burning Jim Rome just called our Andre Jones for his "When We Win" statements, just saying how stupid that was to say, but never said anything like "bashing" our chances in the game he just said "Your right, you guys are a lot better than you have been the last couple years and you should believe you will win that game, but don't give Pete anything to put up on the bulliten board". I don't think it's that big of a deal... also Around The Horn is talking about us 3 segments from right now if you can see it also it will be on ESPN.com later, I will post what they say

All 4 Around The Horn guys picked USC and only 1 thought we would come within 19 of them and then ripped our opponents so far being La Tech and Nicholls St. :steam As we already knew we need to prove this one on the field :box

Back it or go home...sorry, but that's what it comes down to. Yes, you're my boy, but that was pretty dumb to say...unless you're gonna light it up. If you do, then it is ALL good. But if you can't, see ya later. Basically, you've just committed yourself to a realm that has already been proven. Shine or don't come back. No other option. Hope you're N. :woo