How many fans?

How many NE fans were actually in the stadium? I was hearing there were going to be up to 40,000, then the announcers were only giving us 15,000 at gametime. I guess this is a question for someone that was there when they get back from the game. There were probably a lot of fans mixed in with the USC fans and it was hard to differentiate. There had to be more than 15,000 as I think Herbstreit said though, right? :power

I was at the game and I will say 30,000 out of 92,000 were in the stadium. I'm thinking there had to be a lot more without tickets who came for pre-game parties and tailgates because the crowd before the game was half Nebraska. The local radio station broadcasting in front of the stadium mentioned the strength of the Husker crowd on hand many times. I was there at the entrance when USC came into the stadium. There was some concern the Husker fans may get noisy when USC came in (they roped off an area to let the team come through and fans could push in to get close). In the end the Husker fans were very respectful and let most USC fans get close as Pete Carroll lead the Trojans in as their fight song played.

As the crowd entered the stadium there were chants of "Huskers Home Game!"...which judging by the crowd outside might be correct! But in the end if you saw the TV shots most the Husker crowd were designated to worst seats in the house way high up in the open endzone area. I would say more than half of the Huskers fans in the stadium were in that location. I was in the other endzone and there was a good amount of Husker fans there but not enough to overwhelm USC fans. So with most Huskers fans far from the action and many more who were outside but probably never got inside, in the end USC was able to create noise and disrupt us and I didn't really see us having enough fans in good spots in the stadium to do this to them. USC fans did tell me they were suprised how many Husker fans showed up and did get in the stadium.

I was at the game and I will say 30,000 out of 92,000 were in the stadium. I'm thinking there had to be a lot more without tickets who came for pre-game parties and tailgates because the crowd before the game was half Nebraska. The local radio station broadcasting in front of the stadium mentioned the strength of the Husker crowd on hand many times. I was there at the entrance when USC came into the stadium. There was some concern the Husker fans may get noisy when USC came in (they roped off an area to let the team come through and fans could push in to get close). In the end the Husker fans were very respectful and let most USC fans get close as Pete Carroll lead the Trojans in as their fight song played.

As the crowd entered the stadium there were chants of "Huskers Home Game!"...which judging by the crowd outside might be correct! But in the end if you saw the TV shots most the Husker crowd were designated to worst seats in the house way high up in the open endzone area. I would say more than half of the Huskers fans in the stadium were in that location. I was in the other endzone and there was a good amount of Husker fans there but not enough to overwhelm USC fans. So with most Huskers fans far from the action and many more who were outside but probably never got inside, in the end USC was able to create noise and disrupt us and I didn't really see us having enough fans in good spots in the stadium to do this to them. USC fans did tell me they were suprised how many Husker fans showed up and did get in the stadium.

I would agree. They spread us out pretty good too! Which is to be expected.