Remember 1996...

Call me crazy... but the National Title is still out there for us. It's ONLY ONE loss...

Remember that after the ugly shut-out in Tempe, Frost learned the angles of the option, and we improved- and CLIMBED IN THE POLLS EACH WEEK.

Had we won the Big XII CG (a loss more to the flu rather than Texas- half the team had it), we would have been right back in the BCS title game.

Can this team beat Texas? Yes. OU? Yes. Lose to Missouri? Yes.

Bottom line is- it's not done by any means. We still have Troy and the Big XII to take care of.

One loss.. you need help; TWO - you're done...

Call me crazy... but the National Title is still out there for us. It's ONLY ONE loss...

Remember that after the ugly shut-out in Tempe, Frost learned the angles of the option, and we improved- and CLIMBED IN THE POLLS EACH WEEK.

Had we won the Big XII CG (a loss more to the flu rather than Texas- half the team had it), we would have been right back in the BCS title game.

Bottom line is- it's not done by any means. We still have Troy and the Big XII to take care of.

Pretty much agree with you on this. USC is the best team we will face all season and the team will continue to grow and get better.

I've been saying this all along :bang It's just one friggin lose... and that was by far the toughest game we had on the schedule. Look at the teams ahead of us heading into the weekend and who they still have to play....

1. Ohio State- Penn St., @ Iowa, @ Michigan St., Michigan

2. Notre Dame (1 Loss)- @ Michigan St., UCLA, @ USC

3. Auburn- @ South Carolina, Flordia, Georgia, @ Alabama

4. USC- Arizona St., Oregon, Cal., Notre Dame

5. West Virginia- @ Louisville, @ Pitt.

6. LSU (1 Loss)- @ Florida, @ Tennessee, Alabama

7. Florida- Alabama, LSU, @ Auburn, Georgia, @ Flordia St.

8. Texas (1 Loss)- @ Oklahoma, @ Nebraska, @ Texas Tech

9. Florida State (1 Loss)- BC, Virginia, Flordia

10. Georgia- Tennessee, @ Flordia, @ Auburn, GA Tech

11. Michigan- Wisconsin, Michigan St., @ Penn St, Iowa, @ Ohio St.

12. Louisville- @ Kansas St (Brohm could be out), W. Virginia, @ Pitt

13. Tennessee (1 Loss)- @ Georgia, Alabama, @ South Carolina, @ LSU

14. Virginia Tech- GA Tech, @ BC, Clemson, @ Miami, Virginia

15. Oklahoma (1 Loss)- Texas, Texas Tech, @ Oklahoma St.

16. Iowa- Ohio St., @ Michigan, @ Minnesota

17. Miami (FL) (2 Losses)- @ GA Tech, V. Tech, BC

18. Oregon- @ Arizona St., @ Cal. , UCLA, @ USC

19. Nebraska (1 Loss)- @ Iowa St., Texas, @ Texas A&M

As you can see about half the teams ahead of us have a loss and the ones that don't play each other quite a bit... GBR! I want a Big XII title and BCS bid

:woo

Your kidding me, your as bad as the OU fans trapped in a state of delusion, were not gonna win the National Title, and not even the Big 12 title playing like we played last night, some of you might have watched a good game, I watched the worst game in my last 10 years.

I'd disagree with that in a heartbeat. Losing to K-State 38-7 at home was bad. Losing to Texas 31-7 with them running the ball straight up the gut was bad. Losing to K-State 49-13 was really bad. Losing to Texas Tech 70-10 was really bad. Losing to Kansas 40-15 was atrocious. Losing to(ultimately) the best team in the land by 18 due to OUR poor execution on offense is not terrible. It was disappointing, but that was the best team on the schedule by far. I don't think we'll end up with a national title, but I think it is very possible to run the table the rest of the way. But maybe you're right, 1 L(nonconference at that) and we should all just throw in the towel. Whatever, you can be the Negative Nancy, it's a free country. :thumbs

I have to agree with DJR on this one I don't think we will win the NC and I never really thought that we would!!!! However there is no on in the North that can compete with us and we will be in the Big 12 Title game and if whether we beat Texas on Oct. 21st or not will help set the tone for that game!!!! I'm loving the negativity after one loss!!!!! :sarcasm

Sure, but will BC give up on that game, too?