So the big deal is....

Foppa

I don't understand how a real fan could be unhappy about that game. Everyone came to play and Callahan completely outcoached McCartney. 5-1, 2-0 in the big 12. 1 game at a time, 1 victory at a time. ISU was a biggie to get that monkey off the back.

"Restore The Order." I think to do that we have to be able to beat the ISU, Kan, T.TECH, OKL.ST types on a regular basis just like we used to do. It looks like this coaching staff is now starting to get the players they need to build this program back to those days. It won't be long before we be won't worry about not getting blown out by teams like USC, Texas, Okla. The days of trying to keep it close and look respectable are not some thing we should have to worry about much longer. Keep the faith we are getting there and the rest of the Big 12 knows it.

GBR!!!

Callahan doesn't care if he wins by 1 or 100, a w is a w. Before this game, a lot of people on this board would have been happy with just a win, and now people are mad because we didn't win by 4 tds?

NU could have won by 4 TD's, but there wasn't a need to, opening the passing book would of blew the doors off of ISU, but Cally wanted to play mistake free football via the ground and he accomplished that, good for him, good for us, good for the team. as the old saying goes..."wether by an inch, or a mile..."

The fact that 3rd & 20 is automatic for the opposing offence worries me. I see 3rd and 20, I get up to get a soda because I know that the first down is coming. It annoying that it's so predictable.

Far from automatic really...how many stops did we have in the 2nd half....a bunch until that last meaningless drive.

Well right now we all know that a team is going to throw it up there on 3rd and 20 and with our depleated secondary there is a good chance that they will convert. By next year after we get some of our secondary back from injuries and get some more experience along with recruiting that shouldn't happen.......

why is everyone so excited?!? Don't get me wrong, I love the win, was hoping NU would answer well, but this team let Toledo go nuts at home with them. (and score 15 more pts. than Nebraska)

I'll take what I can get. But there is no way this team is off the hook. Again, the offense went 0-comatose in 2.0 seconds once they got a 'commanding' lead. ISU got completely screwed out of a TD, and the playcalling in the second half looked reminisance of USC and KU in trying to not get blown out/not lose, and this is just getting rediculous. I am so glad the Big Red won, but the alarm bells are sounding. Texas? Missouri? At A&M?

Maybe I'm frustrated because I remember how the Huskers should be handling teams, and these guys have the potential to get it done. But sitting on leads is never going to work, and doesn't work well.

I see what you are saying foppa. The verdict is not out yet on how good we really are. In the W-L column, we appear to be on the right track. But it's possible that it could be "smoke in mirrors". We have to take them one at a time. I hope you find some faith. For me, winning on the road is a MAJOR step forward. It shouldnt be that way, but it is what it is.

I know a lot of people get frustrated when Bill doesn't open up the offense even when he knows it will work. I think its an NFL coach thing. NFL coaches just ride the game out for the win once they get ahead or get a comfortable lead. Yeah this works against most of the teams in the Big 12 north, but hopefully he won't be like this against Texas and Missouri!