Shanle, Green, Grixby, and Jones

jb61264

What is the worst possible thing that can happen if we put Culbert back there in Shanle's place - out of position? Missed tackles? Getting beat on a deep pattern? Taking wrong angles?

A huge play against a young kid could kill his confidence. I don't know how mentally tough these young guys are but some players handle those things better than others. I trust the coaches know more about these players physical and mental abilities than either one of us do.

You guys are all right on the money! I've said it before, our DB's are so bad that they force Coz to alter potential game plans. Shanle is absolutely lost out there! He has no nose for the football. If he would ever look back or pay attention to where he was going he would have about 5 or 6 key int's. He looks like a bad high school safety who you can't hide because he's always getting burned or missing a tackle. I honestly don't know what it would hurt to play some of the younger players. Green isn't great, but at least he is usually in the right place and will come up and make a hit. Jones will get better, but I've never seen a DB bite on more fakes than him. Grixby played decent yesterday, but we all know he's a nickel or backup corner at best.

I think Grixby actually played pretty well yesterday when you compare yesterday to the other games he's played for us...........he made some good stops on some run plays. I will agree though that these guys try to strip the ball to much!!!! Just hit the damn guy wrap him up and then worry about the freakin ball.

so is there a prob with coach E?

If you were the secondary coach and this is what you have to work with could you do a better job? No? So STFU and stop trying to blame the coaches.

If you think you can do a better job call Billy C. and ask for a job. Hell with your posts you might just want to ask the AD for Callys job. I bet you do a great job when you get it.

I think the list from best to worst goes like this:

Green

Jones

Grixby

Shanle

I think the list goes more like...

1. Any freshman thats on the team

2. watercooler guy

3. scarlet and cream dancers

4. Green

5. Jones

6. Grixby

7. ME

8. Shanle

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The DB coach is not the problem. If I had those 4 players and I was told to go out and compete on the national stage I would probably cry for a week or two, then kill myself.

The skills are just NOT THERE, but I do agree that we should get the young blood in there.

Rest assured though, our secondary will be INFINITELY better next year. We should have Bowman, Jones, and Thenarse on a 3 man rotation at CB, and we'll have Culbert in for Shanle at secondary.

I feel the same frustrations as everyone else here. I wanted to jump into the TV, run onto Kyle field, grab Shanle by the helmet and scream "Just make the tackle- don't strip the ball!!!! Oh and while you're at it, turn around every once in a century." I still remember when he dropped that interception against USC. The one where the running back threw him a pop-fly and he flat out dropped it. My 7 year old nephew could have made that catch and run it back 20 yards.

I thought Andre Jones played pretty good for having 2 broken ankles suffered on the out 'n up he got smoked on. Of course the athletic trainers had a quick fix, all they had to do was wrap his injuries up in his jock that was laying next to him.

I don't know if I've let out such a groan as I did when they replayed that move, close up, in slow motion.

wow, everyone is fired up now! is it the chicken or the egg? some complain about HOW the players are playing(that is called coaching!)......some complain about their lack of physical ability or size (that is play who you have...playing the best that we have available).......lots of arm chair comments here.....don't see any coaches comments so this is all pure speculation......a little of both perhaps? not complaining, just asking what everyone THINKS they see......if a guy is flat out getting beat, it is mostly lack of physical ability.......if a guy is way out of postion to make a play or doesn't use good technique, that is mostly coaching.....ask yourself, what do i see............

wow, everyone is fired up now! is it the chicken or the egg? some complain about HOW the players are playing(that is called coaching!)......some complain about their lack of physical ability or size (that is play who you have...playing the best that we have available).......lots of arm chair comments here.....don't see any coaches comments so this is all pure speculation......a little of both perhaps? not complaining, just asking what everyone THINKS they see......if a guy is flat out getting beat, it is mostly lack of physical ability.......if a guy is way out of postion to make a play or doesn't use good technique, that is mostly coaching.....ask yourself, what do i see............

DBs face guarding and not looking back for the ball is all coaching. Darlington lives!! Elmo originally had the entire secondary and had to hand the safeties over to Busch? What was the reason for that? Green is in his third position in three years and hasn't caught up to the learning curve, yet I don't think he was ever meant to play D.