Josh Freeman

Freeman looked good but it's tough to tell what might have been. I heard that McCoy was not as highly touted as Snead who was buddies with Freeman at some QB camp for hotshot HS QBs. NU has a 3 star Witt coming in so who knows. Any of the young guys could turn out to be great stuff, hopefully. Other times some hot shot never achieves up to expectations.

He's good of course... thats why Nebraska recruited him since he was a JR. But as far as it being that big of a loss I don't really think so, I'm excited about Hidlebrand and Witt.

Also if getting Freeman meant we had to promise to play him starting as a Freshman than I'm glad we didn't get him.

I have thought since we lost him that it was going to bite us in the butt. I didn't want to have to promise him playing time, but he is going to give us fits in the next couple of years. We need to get a young qb that can battle him in the future.

He's good of course... thats why Nebraska recruited him since he was a JR. But as far as it being that big of a loss I don't really think so, I'm excited about Hidlebrand and Witt.

Also if getting Freeman meant we had to promise to play him starting as a Freshman than I'm glad we didn't get him.

I have thought since we lost him that it was going to bite us in the butt. I didn't want to have to promise him playing time, but he is going to give us fits in the next couple of years. We need to get a young qb that can battle him in the future.

:yeah It looks like he has all the tools. I think hes a big loss for us. Coach C seems to have an eye for the good ones so who knows who his next gem is.

GBR!!!

In my opinion the only reason it hurts us is because we lost him to another Big XII school, and one in the north at that. It'll probably be a pain to play against him for the next 3 years.

He might have been a good quarterback, but given Taylor's performance I'd say that as long as a quarterback has a decent arm and above average intelligence this offense can work. All in all, I don't think the NU offense will suffer.

In my opinion the only reason it hurts us is because we lost him to another Big XII school, and one in the north at that. It'll probably be a pain to play against him for the next 3 years.

He might have been a good quarterback, but given Taylor's performance I'd say that as long as a quarterback has a decent arm and above average intelligence this offense can work. All in all, I don't think the NU offense will suffer.

Precisely. The harm to the Huskers isn't losing him per se - Callahan and company seem to have a real knack for finding talent at the quarterback position. The harm was losing him to another Big XII school - and particularly one in the North Division.

He's a good one - that is apparent. We have to hope that KSU can't surround him with talent.

The Key will be how we defend against him.

We need to be getting taller corners that also want to play Basketball at NU.

And develop different pass defense packages to trick him into bad decisions.

So what happened with the other QB's we lost recently? Did they just realize that the offense was too complicated for them to master? Or was it just concern over playing time?