keller, mo pur

95huskers

the hook up next year boys! think mo pur is good this year? just wait.... with a stud QB who was a preseason heisman watch before he got hurt at asu look for these 2 to go big next year! should be exciting dont ya think? with keller getting all the scout team drills this year i think he will be clicking with the offense next year right off the bat! look for big numbers from these guys! maybe even a young gun or 2! whats your take? how can we be stopped with weapons of mass distruction?

the hook up next year boys! think mo pur is good this year? just wait.... with a stud QB who was a preseason heisman watch before he got hurt at asu look for these 2 to go big next year! should be exciting dont ya think? with keller getting all the scout team drills this year i think he will be clicking with the offense next year right off the bat! look for big numbers from these guys! maybe even a young gun or 2! whats your take? how can we be stopped with weapons of mass distruction?

Uh, three more BIG games to get through this year before we get into 07 team. suggest reposting on January 10, 2007. Then you'll get lots of response.

besides, how can we expect the team to not look past CU if we do????? :bonez

Uh, three more BIG games to get through this year before we get into 07 team. suggest reposting on January 10, 2007. Then you'll get lots of response.

besides, how can we expect the team to not look past CU if we do????? :bonez

i didnt say for the team to look past anything... wanted a few interested fans thoughts about the future of this program... if you dont have any then dont reply... i am stating my opinion about a subject that is positive... everyone hates that i am negative about sum of our defensive players so i decided to get positive about our offense next year! things are going to be very good for them in 07

i didnt say for the team to look past anything... wanted a few interested fans thoughts about the future of this program... if you dont have any then dont reply... i am stating my opinion about a subject that is positive... everyone hates that i am negative about sum of our defensive players so i decided to get positive about our offense next year! things are going to be very good for them in 07

:box

:)

It would be cool to have a Heisman/Pro-Style QB go off as Keller is hyped to do. It would be even cooler (sorry for lack of colorful words) to have him throwing to an NFL prototype receiver.

However...

1) To put up huge passing numbers, you take away from what is an obviously strong running attack we have returning. Big numbers by QB's and WR's doesn't equate to wins and championships (ask T-Tech, Hawaii and New Mexico State)

2) Our offensive line has some SERIOUS work to do if our passing numbers and efficiency are going to grow any further than they are right now. But again, if they are solid, a balanced attack would be the best result in my opinion.

3) I'd just like to see the CAREER numbers Witt (or any of the younger QB's and WR's) would be able to put together if they are able to play for 3+ years and pile up the numbers. That would be awesome to watch over the upcoming seasons.

With that being said, if Keller can throw for 3500 and 40 while Mo has 100 receptions for 1200 and 12.....I'll scream their names with everyone else!

Word on another forum is Keller is playing on the Scout team and doing exceptionally well (it was posted he completes something like 80% of his passes). It's also rumored he gets on the receivers pretty hard for dropped passes.

IF Keller lives up to the hype, it should be a good season next year with.

1) To put up huge passing numbers, you take away from what is an obviously strong running attack we have returning. Big numbers by QB's and WR's doesn't equate to wins and championships (ask T-Tech, Hawaii and New Mexico State)

True, but OU, USC and UT have all had great passers and receivers put up huge numbers along with having a strong and productive running game. Like you said, balance is the key.

Word on another forum is Keller is playing on the Scout team and doing exceptionally well (it was posted he completes something like 80% of his passes). It's also rumored he gets on the receivers pretty hard for dropped passes.

IF Keller lives up to the hype, it should be a good season next year with.

True, but OU, USC and UT have all had great passers and receivers put up huge numbers along with having a strong and productive running game. Like you said, balance is the key.

80%? Is he passing against our starting DB's in practice?!?! :laughpound

Completely agree that you can have good numbers air and ground. I was just referring to having a tandem that puts up INSANE numbers (4000+ yards passing)...those teams never have a strong rushing attack.