2007 Recruiting so far

I must admit that this class by far to me is the best we have had under Callahan. Let's break it down.

OFFENSE

QB Lee. WOW....This guy looks like a stud.

QB Witt. Good to have a young gun learn and study the system.

RB Castille. Another bruiser type RB with speed. (Hope we can still keep him)

RB Helu. A great potential as a FB

RB Mendoza. This kid looks like he has an extra gear that could really raise some eyebrows.

OL None have committed yet but we got a lot of potentials that are interested!

TE Hill. This guy to me flew under the radar and I think he will be a good one!

WR Niles. 6'2 4.40 This guy is going to be a beast!

WR Hagg. 6'1 4.52 Anyone else see a trend here? Big, Tall, quick WR's!

DEFENSE

DB Bleu. My guess is this guy is going to become a safety.

DB Maurillo. Looks like this could be our shut down CB that we all have been hoping for!

DB Sullivan. I think this kid may suprise a lot of us.

DB West. Will compliment our CB's nicely in a nickle package.

LB Lewis. One word SPEED! This kid is a cross between a DaMarrio Williams and a Carlos Polk.

LB Lawrence. Hits like a frieght train. Reminds me a lot of Barrett Rudd.

DE Grant. Has great pass rushing speed. With a little more weight we could have our very own "Da Freak" (Javon Kearse)!

DE Glover. Bull rushing DE that could shove OT's back into the running lanes.

DT Davis. Looks like a great run stopper.

K Kunalic. I haven't read too much on this kid so it's yet to be determined on him.

Well fellow Husker fans this is what our 2007 recruiting class looks like so far. We got some very good potential starting Freshman coming in. I think our two areas that we have improved the most are at LB and DB. With Dillard and Octavian coming back. WOW look out. I think I am most excited about our DB's. Hoping that Bowman stays and adding JUCO Maurillo, I think the days of WR's man handling our secondary are OVER. Oh and by no means is this recruiting class over! Keep em coming coaches!

With that I personally think this is wrapping up to one of our most impressive recruiting classes in 20 years!

Anyone else see anything different or might add? I am just trying to make it easier for folks to actually see the break down of the kids we have recruited so far this year.

The thing that concerns me, and its been mentioned before, no OL. I know we have a young line now, and more redshirting, but we need to be bringing in at least 3-5 a year. I hope we are done w/ db's too. That is 6 this year including washington and possibly 1 more if a rb converts to a safety. That would make 7. That seems like an aweful lot considering we have 4 waiting in the wings this year.

People may think I'm on crack, but this theory may make since:

defensively more nickel next year, and dime coverages.(that would require more db's.)

that pretty much says scheme change, to possibly combat the air dominated offenses we are starting to see in the Big Twelve.

And if you think about the quicker lb's Nebraska has had in the past. Ed Stewart for instance:

He was a converted safety. My point is like Ed Reed from Maimi. You don't have to be 240 pounds to be a Linebacker. Not all these kids could be competing for a db spot. chuckleshuffle

The thing that concerns me, and its been mentioned before, no OL. I know we have a young line now, and more redshirting, but we need to be bringing in at least 3-5 a year. I hope we are done w/ db's too. That is 6 this year including washington and possibly 1 more if a rb converts to a safety. That would make 7. That seems like an aweful lot considering we have 4 waiting in the wings this year.

I think we are ok this year. Remember, only Mann and Austin were seniors on the O-Line two-deep. And we have DJ Jones, Keith Williams, and Cruz Barrett redshirting (and kicking ass, supposedly).

We can afford to skip a couple OL this class...

I think we are ok this year. Remember, only Mann and Austin were seniors on the O-Line two-deep. And we have DJ Jones, Keith Williams, and Cruz Barrett redshirting (and kicking ass, supposedly).

I don't agree w/ that. There seems to be a learning curve w/ the OL. We need to continually bring them in. I know we only have a couple of seniors and a few waiting in the wings, but what if one or two of those players get hurt seriously and are done or miss a year or two. It just seems like we need to continuously bring in OL's and not take a year or two off and then recruit 8-10 when we realize there is a need again.

I don't agree w/ that. There seems to be a learning curve w/ the OL. We need to continually bring them in. I know we only have a couple of seniors and a few waiting in the wings, but what if one or two of those players get hurt seriously and are done or miss a year or two. It just seems like we need to continuously bring in OL's and not take a year or two off and then recruit 8-10 when we realize there is a need again.

true dat, you can never have enough OL or DL. Look what happened to the "Pipeline" when we had all those recruiting busts and injuries after the 2001 season.

Agree it has been difficult to see no OL. I think we still have excellent chances with Burkes, Cornell Jr., Stephenson, Weems, and Zusevics. Don't forget newcomer Jones who is visiting this weekend. Weems has set up a bunch of visits for January...Washington, Oregon, Florida...with his final visit to Nebraska. We got to get a few of these guys for OL. How many total spots do we have left anyway?

Agree it has been difficult to see no OL. I think we still have excellent chances with Burkes, Cornell Jr., Stephenson, Weems, and Zusevics. Don't forget newcomer Jones who is visiting this weekend. Weems has set up a bunch of visits for January...Washington, Oregon, Florida...with his final visit to Nebraska. We got to get a few of these guys for OL. How many total spots do we have left anyway?

Recruiting isn't over yet. I heard that we will take 23-24 recruits. I agree that we still have excellent shots with a few players. I just hope we can get a couple.