2007 Huskers

HSKRNOKC

Huskers will start out 1-0 in 2007 (after winning the Cotton Bowl!!)

As far as in the fall....we seem to be pretty set! Hopefully Keller has the offense down when USC comes a callin'.....then of course there is at Texas.

USC got exposed by 2 teams that werent afraid of them we should learn from that as far as texas we already know we can beat them if we protect the ball. Wake Forest will be a test that probably wasn't expected when the matchup was set. I guess 07' will hinge on the secondary and the comfort of keller and th WR's

Next year is do or die. There will be no excuses at all. We all know the talent and the players we have are capable so it is either all or nothing this time around. I believe in our group of players/coaches and know they can take us to the top. I look for a high scoring team for sure. Our secondary should be better...I just hope we can replace our D-line, which we should be able to. Turner, Suh, Potter etc should step right in for us.

Huskers will start out 1-0 in 2007 (after winning the Cotton Bowl!!)

As far as in the fall....we seem to be pretty set! Hopefully Keller has the offense down when USC comes a callin'.....then of course there is at Texas.

Let us not forget about Wake Forest; this teams scares as much or more than USC or Texas. Wake is not losing much this year on Offence or Defense.

The only thing that concerns me about next year, is the lack of depth along the defensive line.. Suh is an animal but other than that, I don't know if we have the personal to stuff the run. Turner and Potter are more pass rushers right now, and depth is sort of lacking at every position. I hope we don't end up moving offensive lineman across to the dline but we might have to.

Some say that Keller won't be playing next year ... look for Joe Ganz or someone else to step it up in the spring.

ne

.....um, no. i would bet my life savings that joe ganz will NEVER be the starting quarterback at nebraska unless the guys ahead of him are injured. i've heard keller is kind of a hot head...but if he keeps his act together...nobody will come close to matching his skill level. everyone know this dude can play.

Sam probably would've been Pac-10's best qb and he was even considered a heisman candidate this year until he transferred. and i agree joe ganz will NEVER start at nebraska, after keller's heisman run next year, Zac Lee or soon to be Redshirt freshman , Patrick Wytt will be our starter. but next year is looking good, anyone think we can compete for a national championship? If we can play on the road, i think we have a good shot at it. at Wake and at Texas could determine our season.

D-Line is my biggest concern..

not one of mine at all... there is so much holding that was never called on Carriker this year he never was allowed to play to his full potential. Jay Moore can be replaced. Barry Turner is a athletic freak and fun as hell to watch. The guys replacing them have got plenty of playing time and will fill in nicely. Also with better coverage down field they will have more time to sack QBs