OT Dan Hoch

mahoney

If I had to guess, he will be a high 4*. But could be like Ryan Miller and get his 5th with a big year next season.

P.S., if you live near Council Bluffs, Dan will be playing basketball at Abraham Lincoln High School on Jan. 6th, at 7:30p.m. I have already seen him play both sports, and NU got a great one in the making.

About time NU got even at Iowa for Olson!!

That's my old high school. It's about 5 minutes away from me so I may have to go and check this kid out!!!!

since when is CB 5 min away from Des Moines? last time I made that drive it was more like 2 hours.

oh yeah, you are a cop and get to drive with those nifty lights and sirens turned on. LOL

Reread his post.............he says that Dan is coming to Des Moines to play at Lincoln.......... ;)

hooked on phonics works for you..............P.S., if you live near Council Bluffs, Dan will be playing basketball at Abraham Lincoln High School on Jan. 6th, at 7:30p.m. I have already seen him play both sports, and NU got a great one in the making.

i read and reread the post and no where does it say that he is coming to Des Moines to play at Lincoln High. It does say that he will be playing at Abraham Lincoln HS. There are 2 public high schools in CB Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln.

My bad..................I immediately thought of our high school here (Abraham Lincoln High School) you don't have to be a dick though!!!! :lol:

Harlan has Husker

By ROB GRAY

Register Staff Writer

December 21, 2006

Add comment

Quick trivia question:

How many players from Harlan, which leads Iowa high schools with 11 state football titles, have accepted scholarships from Nebraska's program?

Answer: None - until now.

Harlan junior Dan Hoch, a 6-foot-7, 280-pound offensive lineman, has verbally committed to join the Cornhuskers' program in 2008.

Hoch, a four-sport athlete, chose Bill Callahan's team over Big 12 Conference rivals Iowa State and Kansas State.

He said Iowa showed interest, as well, but had not yet offered a scholarship.

"I wanted to go to Nebraska because it's only an hour and 40 minutes away and I really liked them," Hoch said. "I liked their facilities, I liked their coaches."

Hoch said he clicked with Nebraska offensive line coach Dennis Wagner.

"Coaches (from other schools) were great, too, but there was really something about him I could relate to and appreciate," Hoch said.

Hoch said announcing his college plans early stemmed partly from a desire to focus on helping Harlan compete for more state titles - beginning with basketball.

"I'm very confident in my decision to go to Nebraska, but that's a thing I can really focus on now, making me a better player and also helping my team get to the state tournament," said Hoch, who averages 13 points and eight rebounds in basketball.

Reporter Rob Gray can be reached at (515) 284-8194 or robgray@dmreg.com

I have seen this kid. He is a man among boys... My brother coaches a select youth baseball team in the Harlan area, and Dan played for him for 2 years. The team is for 11-12 year olds. At that age, the kid was looked as if should be a junior or senior..... When Dan was pitching, and my brother went to the mound, he would make Dan step off of the mound, and my brother would stand on the mound, so he could talk to him face to face.... funny stuff and true. He says that NU has landed a good one !!!!!! Right now though, the kid is very "soft", even Coach Bladt mentioned this..... He will be a stud once he matures a bit.

Just reporting what was told to me by someone that has great inside information. That is extremely fast for someone that size. He is a three sport athlete, so who knows??

Not trying to be a smart ass, but he plays four sports. Football, Basketball, Track and Field, and Baseball. In Iowa the high school baseball season starts in April or May and ends in July allowing someone to play four sports. Nonetheless, I am excited about this kid. I think he could be special.

• 1 month later...