OT Dan Hoch

mahoney

Says he has the size and physical tools to be a player......say he has a great work-ethic and will need it, becuase he needs to "bulk up" before he can compete, but is sure that he will get it done...

Harlan is probably the most or at least one of the most storied programs in the state, and their coach is in the top 10 in the country in number of wins..... most of their kids end up at D-2 schools, so for this kid to go D-I says a lot...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My brother, who lives in Harlan, and coached Dan in baseball, told me this morning that Dan traveled to Iowa City today to vistit the Hawkeyes......said Ferentz called this week and convinced him to take the visit with all of the trouble in Lincoln....

This was just confirmed on the Hawkeye's rivals site and by "Big Red Reaction" on 1110 KFAB..... can't blame these guys for keeping their options open, but man I hope we make a decision quickly so recruiting can get shored up...

My brother, who lives in Harlan, and coached Dan in baseball, told me this morning that Dan traveled to Iowa City today to vistit the Hawkeyes......said Ferentz called this week and convinced him to take the visit with all of the trouble in Lincoln....

This was just confirmed on the Hawkeye's rivals site and by "Big Red Reaction" on 1110 KFAB..... can't blame these guys for keeping their options open, but man I hope we make a decision quickly so recruiting can get shored up...

FWIW... someone on the Nebraska rivals board said that he was in fact at the Iowa game... but he was also dressed in quite a bit of Nebraska attire. Take that for what you will.

On a completely different note, we had the University of Iowa hockey team stop at my place of employment the other day (I work at Cracker Barrel). I was surprised at how small alot of them were, not that I expect hockey players to be huge, but man were they small. I had to restrain myself from asking how their football team was doing.

Iowa isn't doing that much better though, I hope we can keep Dan he seems like he is going to be a pretty good player

FWIW... someone on the Nebraska rivals board said that he was in fact at the Iowa game... but he was also dressed in quite a bit of Nebraska attire. Take that for what you will.

On a completely different note, we had the University of Iowa hockey team stop at my place of employment the other day (I work at Cracker Barrel). I was surprised at how small alot of them were, not that I expect hockey players to be huge, but man were they small. I had to restrain myself from asking how their football team was doing.

well that makes me feel a little better