Bring back the option....

I dont miss it that much,and especially the years with Solich. The Crouch years were the worst,where he was the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option.Daily was just as bad, where a lot of plays there was no option,but a 'I keep the ball right', or 'I keep the ball left' mentality. which appearently was ok with the coaching staff.

I had my doubts at first, but the WCO will work against any team, provided you have players recruited to fill that system.We are closer to that scenario than we've been, and it should get better with the young players coming up.

It does no good to bring up the old option system, since we have neither a coaching staff, nor players to execute it.Get back on the Husker wagon, and ride into the future!

Does anyone else miss it? Nebraska football is the option.

Yes. You know what else I miss? A snack and a nap after recess. That was the sh#t.

I was going to bring something like this up. Good job on beating me to the punch. Of course people miss the days when it was run to perfection and we were winning national titles, but we are in a new day and age and the WCO is going to get us to where we want to be (holding that national title over our heads after we whoop some media darling like USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, or Florida in the national title game).

Screw the option, I say bring back Tommie Frazier, and Ahman Green, and Grant Wistrom... Great teams are built on great players, ask any coach. Those guys could have run an electronic football offense and still won titles. I dont care what kind of offense you are running, Pat Ricketts is never gonna be a part of a championship team, let alone start.

Screw the option, I say bring back Tommie Frazier, and Ahman Green, and Grant Wistrom... Great teams are built on great players, ask any coach. Those guys could have run an electronic football offense and still won titles. I dont care what kind of offense you are running, Pat Ricketts is never gonna be a part of a championship team, let alone start.

This is the real issue. Who cares what offense or defense the Huskers run?

It's all about winning games.

And winning games is all about bringing talent into the system.

Tommie Frazier would have been great in the system that West Virgiana runs.

But if he hadn't been apart of 2 National Champsionships would it really have mattered?