How many NU fans at Cotton Bowl

HANC

Dallas is just a dump. I was going to Arizona if we won , or would have considered San Diego for the Holliday Bowl , but Dallas is a pit.

Dallas isn't a dump...yes the stadium is but not the city of Dallas. I have lived in the DFW metroplex all but 3 years of my life (I'm 22) and would not want to live anywhere else. And no its not because I haven't been anywhere. I have traveled most of the US and some of Europe and still would stay right where I am right now. And I will be at this game, only because the tickets are so cheap, cheering for Nebraska...

I have spent time in Dallas and the surrounding area. Many years ago we used to go to Lake Whitney. Then for about 4 or 5 raced the AMA Supercross at Texas stadium.

Never really saw anything wrong with the city, but I will tell you guys this. I have never seen better looking jeans and high heels than I saw in Dallas. Those cow girls know how to wear jeans. Texas girls are special it seems to me.

I am even missing the Holiday Bowl, the first one in over 15 years.

I hope all that attend the Cotton Bowl have a great time.

I was born in and lived in Omaha the first half of my life, i.e., for ~25 years and now live in Frisco, TX, a suburb of D/FW. I like Austin, San Diego and Santa Barbara better but I wouldn't say D. is a dump. Frisco is one of the fastest growing towns in the U.S. and is among the nicer places I've lived. I also like TX; great state.

im dissapointed so far too, i read an article this morning that tickets can be found for 10 bucks

Did the article say where you could find tickets that cheap? One of the local news channels here said something to the effect a family of four could attend the Cotton Bowl for less a $100. But everything I've found says the tickets are $90

im dissapointed so far too, i read an article this morning that tickets can be found for 10 bucks

Did the article say where you could find tickets that cheap? One of the local news channels here said something to the effect a family of four could attend the Cotton Bowl for less a $100. But everything I've found says the tickets are $90

you have to buy them from a third party. I got mine from TicketsNow.com @$20 a piece, but there are a lot of sites. Just do an internet search for Cotton bowl tickets. many of the sites offer overnight or 24 hour shipping if you are serious about going.

you have to buy them from a third party. I got mine from TicketsNow.com @$20 a piece, but there are a lot of sites. Just do an internet search for Cotton bowl tickets. many of the sites offer overnight or 24 hour shipping if you are serious about going.

Thanks! I just found the thread about stubhub.com but I'll check out Ticketsnow.com. I'll have to see what they have :thumbs

I am going to Dallas, but I'm getting concerned that the crowd will be very disappointing..... Local papers and sports talk radio are really talking about this game being not very well attended...

has anyone heard how many NU fans are expected. The university has only sold approx. 9500 of it's alloted tickets....

There will be a ton of people im sure. You guys always travel well! Im expecting a 60% NU crowd there.

Answer me this!!!! WHO in the right mind would scedule a game for 10:40 am after new years eve and expect people to come watch a football game. NOT me and apparently not many other Auburn/Nebraska fans, I think if they would have sceduled for a night game they would be looking at a much bigger attendance. And as said before, Dallas is not exactly an attractive travel destination.

Thanks for the replies and they're appreciated, but here's the gist of what I'm getting as to why the Nebraska fans aren't coming down in droves:

1.) "I've heard that Dallas is a dump, though I've never been there during a college football weekend."

2.) "I don't make a ton of money and therefore can't afford it."

3.) "I, along with thousands of other Huskers, don't want to do it this year when I think/hope we'll be better this year."

Come on guys, those aren't good excuses at all, unless you have weak fan support which I thought I'd never hear/say/see for Nebraska.

If none of you have ever been in Dallas during Texas/OU weekend, you have no idea just how much fun The West End, Deep Ellum and Lower Greenville truly are with all of the bars, restaurants, bars, establishments, bars, that there are in those areas. They're jam-packed every Texas/OU weekend and typically every Cotton Bowl weekend over and above what they are on a normal weekend.

Money, was kind of hoping that that wasn't a factor for a Nebraska degree'd person but we all have our limits.

Waiting for next year are the famous last words of the dead. Step up, support your team 100% of the time and show no weakness. Did anyone see the Holiday Bowl last night between A&M and Cal? A&M sold out their tickets and then some and as stated earlier, I just got back from San Diego and the Poinsettia Bowl supporting TCU and San Diego offers nothing that Dallas doesn't offer, a little less to tell you the truth. This time of the year there are no other sports in San Diego while in Dallas you can go to a Mavs game, a Stars game or a FW Flyers game (NBA D-League team). Weather in San Diego was actually colder than Dallas when we were there. San Diego zoo is comparable to Fort Worth Zoo. We have Six Flags and tons of other entertainment venues open now that San Diego doesn't. Both have pro football teams playing at home this time of the year so that's a push.

I'd love to hear the top Bowl games based on locale that others see. I can name the Sugar Bowl as one that I think is as good but that's pre-Katrina. Phoenix (Fiesta), LA (Rose), Miami (Orange) - those all have roughly the same temp as Dallas this time of the year and none offer more to do of any significance over Big D and FW combined.