How many NU fans at Cotton Bowl

HANC

I am going to Dallas, but I'm getting concerned that the crowd will be very disappointing..... Local papers and sports talk radio are really talking about this game being not very well attended...

has anyone heard how many NU fans are expected. The university has only sold approx. 9500 of it's alloted tickets....

So much for the greatest fans on earth. I would watch Nebraska play on field of cowshit if I could. Not liking the city or the stadium is not a reason I could use.

I just do not have anymore time available. If it had been Phoenix or San Diego, I could have made it. But with trips to the Texas game, the Kansas State game, and the SC game. It came down to being close or no go.

I feel sorry for the kids on both sides of the game. Too work as hard as they did for a whole year and no one coming to watch them is sad. Sad for the program, the staff and truly for the state of Nebraska.

I agree 'skersfan...... This is the best opportunity to show the nation again, that NU fans are the best...

I believe that many Nebraskans used the Big 12 championship as their "big trip for the season".

It will be embarassing if we only have 14-15 thousand in Dallas. Dallas is one of the "easiest" destinations in many years... The forcast is great (50 degrees or above all weekend)... it is a short drive (10 hours) and tickets are cheap!!!

I hope that we get a lot of fans... Texas is a recruiting hot-bed as all of you know, so if we show up with minimal fans, it will NOT impress recruits. Especially after the coaches have told them about teh greatest fans in college football.

So much for the greatest fans on earth. I would watch Nebraska play on field of cowshit if I could. Not liking the city or the stadium is not a reason I could use.

I just do not have anymore time available. If it had been Phoenix or San Diego, I could have made it. But with trips to the Texas game, the Kansas State game, and the SC game. It came down to being close or no go.

I feel sorry for the kids on both sides of the game. Too work as hard as they did for a whole year and no one coming to watch them is sad. Sad for the program, the staff and truly for the state of Nebraska.

It's the same thing you are saying! I dont have time , and if I did , it wouldnt be to drive 14 hour or spend the money to fly to a sh**hole like Dallas for a Husker game. God bless you that are though! I have been to some pretty rough places to see Husker games before. Ever been to Shreveport? But this just isnt the year for me is all. And Dallas is a craphole.

I agree 'skersfan...... This is the best opportunity to show the nation again, that NU fans are the best...

I believe that many Nebraskans used the Big 12 championship as their "big trip for the season".

It will be embarassing if we only have 14-15 thousand in Dallas. Dallas is one of the "easiest" destinations in many years... The forcast is great (50 degrees or above all weekend)... it is a short drive (10 hours) and tickets are cheap!!!

I hope that we get a lot of fans... Texas is a recruiting hot-bed as all of you know, so if we show up with minimal fans, it will NOT impress recruits. Especially after the coaches have told them about teh greatest fans in college football.

I think alot of fans traveled to LA for USC and the Big 12 champ game. I love the Auburn match up , but not in Dallas at 10:30 in the morning. This is a game made for bloody marys and tv for me.

You are right on dedhed..... I really drug my feet about the Dallas/10:30 thing too.... We travel all over to watch NU and this trip just isn't attractive at all..... In fact, I am going because it in Nebraska football. I am not even looking at it as a "bowl" trip. To me, it will be like traveling to Lubbock or Manhatten. Nonetheless, it will still be disheartening to see very few fans.