How many NU fans at Cotton Bowl

HANC

Yes, the stadium is pretty old and not constructed to today's standards. Worst things are that the concourses are extremely small which means that if you stay for the whole game along with the crowd, it will take you 10-15 minutes to get out of the stadium if you don't have clausterphobia. The restrooms, well they've been trying to get those going a little better, but they're old and small as well.

That being said, with the apparent lack of support in terms of numbers from the Nebraska fans as compared to the last 10 Cotton Bowls I've been to and sat on the Big XII side, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

And the Dallas media being biased? They're only bias is that they love the Texas Longhorns. Hell, TCU has had only 2 less wins over the past 5 seasons than UT and we're a second or third run to them in the DFW media. Texas Tech sometimes gets as much coverage as TCU does and they're a 6 hour drive away!

That being said, the most influential media member in Dallas (Dale Hansen of WFAA-TV and ESPN Radio) is a HUGE Husker fan. Lived and worked in Omaha most of his life until he moved to Dallas in the early 80's and when Osborne was the head coach at Nebraska, he'd cover them more than UT/A&M, etc. for this market.

Still I sit here in complete SHOCK that Nebraska is not expected to sell out their side of the stadium (by anyone's predictions and stats) and that excellent tickets are going for way less than face value for this game against a top-quality program that was #1 in many pre-season polls. I thought only Iowa State and Baylor were the traveling weaklings of the Big XII. This whole episode has lead me to believe differently.

Yes, the stadium is pretty old and not constructed to today's standards. Worst things are that the concourses are extremely small which means that if you stay for the whole game along with the crowd, it will take you 10-15 minutes to get out of the stadium if you don't have clausterphobia. The restrooms, well they've been trying to get those going a little better, but they're old and small as well.

That being said, with the apparent lack of support in terms of numbers from the Nebraska fans as compared to the last 10 Cotton Bowls I've been to and sat on the Big XII side, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

And the Dallas media being biased? They're only bias is that they love the Texas Longhorns. Hell, TCU has had only 2 less wins over the past 5 seasons than UT and we're a second or third run to them in the DFW media. Texas Tech sometimes gets as much coverage as TCU does and they're a 6 hour drive away!

That being said, the most influential media member in Dallas (Dale Hansen of WFAA-TV and ESPN Radio) is a HUGE Husker fan. Lived and worked in Omaha most of his life until he moved to Dallas in the early 80's and when Osborne was the head coach at Nebraska, he'd cover them more than UT/A&M, etc. for this market.

Still I sit here in complete SHOCK that Nebraska is not expected to sell out their side of the stadium (by anyone's predictions and stats) and that excellent tickets are going for way less than face value for this game against a top-quality program that was #1 in many pre-season polls. I thought only Iowa State and Baylor were the traveling weaklings of the Big XII. This whole episode has lead me to believe differently.

Why are you just griping about NU what about Auburns ticket sales? I think your just a nother

Nebraska hater. :nutz

Your right Nebraska doesn't travel well

:sarcasm

***SNIP***

I thought only Iowa State and Baylor were the traveling weaklings of the Big XII. This whole episode has lead me to believe differently.

Your “logic” is specious, at best. You are basing your determination on a single game, and ignoring essentially the entire history of the program when it comes to both support and traveling to games.

Even assuming, for the limited purposes of argument only, that NU does not “fill up” its allotted seats, it does not equate to NU being “traveling weaklings”. As has been noted, there are a number of factors – among them, that NU fans traveled in great numbers to the USC game and the Big XII Championship game and for many fans that constituted a significant financial “pay-out”, the kick-off time, and the fact that it’s being played in what can only be described as a third-rate stadium (if that).

Let me make this simple for you – a single game in which fans don’t sell out their allotment – assuming that, in fact, turns out to be the case – is an anomaly, not a trend.

Let me recommend that, for future insults, you at least give a modicum of thought so as to not reveal your ignorance.

Hear hear....Don't be SHOCKED, and think what you will about how well we aren't traveling this one game. I went to the alamo bowl last year, I went to the big 12 championship game this year, and I attended every home game. Texas isn't another trip I want to make this year. Arizona sounded fun, and the tickets didn't come down in price until it was too late for me to make plans. We shouldn't have to justify ourselves for not buying your tickets. We have 65000 show up to watch spring games. The fans are always there, we don't need to explain ourselves to you.

I will be spending this holiday at my house in front of my tv and I will enjoy the game from my couch. I'm sorry to upset you, but I guess you will have to sell your tickets to someone else.

If my Sgt. told me tonight hey you can have January 1st off I would buy my tickets tonight and be on a plane tomorrow night or drive straight through to get there!!!! I can't get the time of off work and I spent a bunch of money going to the Texas and Big XII Championship game. Money isn't the problem for me just getting the time off of work.

Your right Nebraska doesn't travel well

:sarcasm

you have to admit, Dallas is not a big time get away spot........hell, San Antonio at least has the Riverwalk for a real attraction. just a lot of damn traffic and air polution down here, so with a sh#t-hole stadium to play the game in, how great can the experience be? folks had a better reason to go to the USC game....

Answer me this!!!! WHO in the right mind would scedule a game for 10:40 am after new years eve and expect people to come watch a football game. NOT me and apparently not many other Auburn/Nebraska fans, I think if they would have sceduled for a night game they would be looking at a much bigger attendance. And as said before, Dallas is not exactly an attractive travel destination.

Fox is the one that schedules the game this early. The game can't be at night this year since the Fiesta Bowl is on Fox that night. I still don't see why they don't start the game at 12, 1, or 2. Starting it a few hours later wouldn't interfere with the Fiesta Bowl coverage. Hell, they should have started the Cotton Bowl at 3 and have it lead up to the Fiesta Bowl. Oh well though, I will be there cheering on the Huskers. And by the way, Dallas is a great city. It has so much to do there. Go Big Red!!

There were at least 30 to 35 thousand Nebraska fans there. Auburn fans travled well also.

Ill post some picks in a day or two.

Its was amazing how NU fans showed up out of nowhere IMO. NU fans are smart... I think after they seen ticket prices dropping they knew they could get them other than the usual outlets for much cheaper. I also think many resold their tickets back to brokers and bought them at lower prices elsewhere. I wonder what they were going for on game day or day before?