How many NU fans at Cotton Bowl

HANC

San Antonio? Great city with alot of history. Same with El Paso. But Dallas is like going on vacation in the ghetto. I will still be up bright and early on Monday morning screaming on my Huskers. GBR!!!!

well, then i would feel right at home. ;)

That rough huh? I've been to Albany several years ago like I told you , but dont really remember it.

not as bad where i live now, but probably not much better than where i grew up.

Well you'll love Lincoln then. It will be like living in Maybury. Unlike Andy Griffith , the police do carry guns in Lincoln though. It's a very nice town. Like I said before , if Lincoln had mountains or a beach , i would live there in a second.

I'm thinking we will still have around 20'000 in big red. A ton of Texans for Nebraska will be there. Auburn maybe half that many. Still thats only half the stadium. They will need a lot of local help to fill the place. Game at 10:30 on Jan 1st... good luck.

Not a lot of importance tied to the game. The game is in Texas. I think a lot of fans who went to the last couple Alomo Bowl games chose not to attend this one. Had it been AZ or Cali we see more making the trek I think.

I was stationed in Phoenix during the mid seventies. One yr the Fiesta Bowl had a low turnout. ASU just missed out and the fans there had no interest in the game. Oklahoma was playing and they didn't travel well for they had a so-so season in the minds of the Sooner faithful. The officials gave the Millitary bases in the area a ton of free tickets. I didn't get to go but my buddies said there were Fiesta Bowl ppl handing away free tickets to any takers throughout downtown and all over Tempe. So in light of this... the Cotton bowl situation could be much worse.

Ugggh... 10:30 start time. Our record isn't anything to cheer about when games start before noon in the past.

Apparently we aren't the only ones that has this problem...

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/s...27/auburn.shtml

Okay Husker fans, I'm brand spanking new to this site and went out searching for it after the following has happened to me:

I have been a long time Cotton Bowl ticket holder (have for over 10 years) and have always had seats on the East Side of the Stadium (non-pressbox side). I've gone to virtually all of the games over the 10 years but the years where I could not go I could always sell my tickets for at least face value due to being on the Big XII side of the stadium (once the Big XII was dedicated to playing in this game).

This year, I have 4 extra tickets in the upper deck, about the 35-40 yard line and on the aisle in the upper deck. The retail value is $90 each for the tickets and I have them listed on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190065501248&rd=1&rd=1)

What I'm SHOCKED about and has me out here is the absolute lack of support that Nebraska is apparently bringing to this game. Last year Texas Tech had their side of the stadium sold out and Alabama had roughly 85% of their side sold out. The year before Texas A&M overflowed into the Tennessee side. The year before that Oklahoma State overflowed into the Ole Miss side. The year before that Texas was roughly 70% of the entire stadium!

I've heard on the local sports radio shows that the Nebraska fan base is expected to be "substantially below filling their side of the stadium."

Is this true??? If so, why in the world aren't the Nebraska fans supporting your program??? I'm a big TCU fan and even went out to San Diego for our Poinsettia Bowl game earlier this month and while we don't travel well nor have super big crowds at home, we still brought about 1/3rd of our average home crowd out to San Diego for that bowl game against an inferior and non-supported program (Northern Illinois). If Nebraska can even bring 1/2 of it's average attendance for a home game, it would easily fill your side of the Cotton Bowl.

Are you guys unhappy with your season? Don't think you're going to win the game?? Seriously, someone explain it to me.

Good luck in the game.

Okay Husker fans, I'm brand spanking new to this site and went out searching for it after the following has happened to me:

I have been a long time Cotton Bowl ticket holder (have for over 10 years) and have always had seats on the East Side of the Stadium (non-pressbox side). I've gone to virtually all of the games over the 10 years but the years where I could not go I could always sell my tickets for at least face value due to being on the Big XII side of the stadium (once the Big XII was dedicated to playing in this game).

This year, I have 4 extra tickets in the upper deck, about the 35-40 yard line and on the aisle in the upper deck. The retail value is $90 each for the tickets and I have them listed on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190065501248&rd=1&rd=1)

What I'm SHOCKED about and has me out here is the absolute lack of support that Nebraska is apparently bringing to this game. Last year Texas Tech had their side of the stadium sold out and Alabama had roughly 85% of their side sold out. The year before Texas A&M overflowed into the Tennessee side. The year before that Oklahoma State overflowed into the Ole Miss side. The year before that Texas was roughly 70% of the entire stadium!

I've heard on the local sports radio shows that the Nebraska fan base is expected to be "substantially below filling their side of the stadium."

Is this true??? If so, why in the world aren't the Nebraska fans supporting your program??? I'm a big TCU fan and even went out to San Diego for our Poinsettia Bowl game earlier this month and while we don't travel well nor have super big crowds at home, we still brought about 1/3rd of our average home crowd out to San Diego for that bowl game against an inferior and non-supported program (Northern Illinois). If Nebraska can even bring 1/2 of it's average attendance for a home game, it would easily fill your side of the Cotton Bowl.

Are you guys unhappy with your season? Don't think you're going to win the game?? Seriously, someone explain it to me.

Good luck in the game.

from the sound of people on this board, no one is saying they are upset with the Husker's performance this season nor that they feel we are going to get rolled. most seem to be saying "i'd like to go, but don't have the money". i think that, for whatever reason - already had two big travel games, high gas prices make it expensive, strapped after X mas, combination of these, etc. - is the answer.

Dallas is just a dump. I was going to Arizona if we won , or would have considered San Diego for the Holliday Bowl , but Dallas is a pit.

Hold on a minute. Ive been to Dallas many times. It has good and bad. yes the cotton bowl is old and run down. But I guarentee you that there will be some good times to be had over the weekend,

i am going with my older brother. we will be partying in the new year.

It will just be harder than hell to get up the next morning for the game. I love Texas. It has an attitude all its own.