why doesnt grix ever jump?

I am just surprised that we all need to come back to this topic after every game. We all know what Grixby brings to the table. A small framed guy that plays with heart but just cannot cut it for what Nebraska wants out of their cornerbacks if we want to be successful. It is kind of funny to see people post the same thing after every game. Grixby is too short. Grixby doesn't look for the ball. Grixby sucks. Grixby needs to be cut. Etc. Etc.

NU fan in Denver,

That is the first I have heard anyone say anything about that play. How in the hell was that a catch? He hit the ground, went unconcious and the ball flew out. At the very least Callahan should have challenged that play. How did they not review that call. That was an important play. Instead of scoring a TD they probably kick a field goal, we do not try a fake punt and the game goes a different direction. I thought that was an unbelievable call which would have easily been overturned. My opinion I guess.

I have actually thought the same thing. Sometimes I think that it might just be Grixby but Jones does the same thing. The only time he got an interception this year was when he was in the end zone and he wasnt running with the receiver. It does seem that is what they are taught. Either that or maybe they think that if they do look back the receiver will just outrun them and beat them, so they just wait for him to catch the ball and tackle him. I dont know though, I would love to know what the deal with that is.

They are taught to face guard and were told that if they feel like they are in a comfortable position on defense, then they should look back for the ball. Now every players comfort level is going to be different, and the fact that us as fans can see the whole play and know where and when the ball is coming, is totally different from a players perspective where they are locked in on the reciever and have no idea where the ball is or when exactly to turn around for it.

I have actually thought the same thing. Sometimes I think that it might just be Grixby but Jones does the same thing. The only time he got an interception this year was when he was in the end zone and he wasnt running with the receiver. It does seem that is what they are taught. Either that or maybe they think that if they do look back the receiver will just outrun them and beat them, so they just wait for him to catch the ball and tackle him. I dont know though, I would love to know what the deal with that is.

coaching philosophy........... <_<

I agree, Andre Jones does make a lot of the same mistakes, but luckily for him opposing QB's are usually picking on Grixby!

He'd have to be in position to jump which rarely happens

:rollin:rollin:rollin

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

Is it coaching or Grixby???

I think it's both, no matter who we have in, they give up the inside, give free release from the LOS and never turn for the ball. It's pathetic.....

then after a whole season of this piss poor techique/coverage, WHY don't we see some changes?....do we keep the same old tired philosophy again for next season or do we get someone in here who can coach DB's? this IS an obvious area that needs a major overhaul, even if we get better athletes to play DB, how can it get better if the same tired old coverage scheme/technique doesn't change?

I'm 5'8" 180 lbs and about the same size as Grixby and I sure as hell wouldn't want that man's job every Saturday..............I played cornerback in high school and didn't play to bad, but I can only imagine what it's like in D-1 ball!!! He did the best he could this season, but it's not good enough. Thanks Courtney :thumbs