B-JAX???

I Know Brandon jackson had a broken hand and just got his cast off last week, but why didn't he play more?

His TD in the first half was incredible! He didn't look like he was having any problems with the hand, and he didn't seem to do anything to re-injure it, but after that we didn't see him again untill the 4th quarter?!? Anyone hear why, or what happened? <_<

My only guess is that throwing to the RB was big piece of the game plan.

Either the coaching staff thought that Lucky was the better choice given this game plan or BJax wasn't reliable catching the ball because of his injury.

Either way I agree - his TD run was very nice. We needed another one of those in the 2nd half.

Jackson looked good for the few carries he had, I was impressed with his performance with his hand. However, Lucky was in the flow of the game, and while he never had that amazing run, he was netting 3 or 4 yards every carry. He made good decisions in reading blocks and did some nice things as a receiver too. Even better news, we get them all back next year!!

Just flew back from Texas, and we were wondering the same thing about B-jax. Lucky had a nice game, but there is no doubt that B-Jax is the man for the job. He runs with soooo much more authority, and usually makes the first guy miss..... At the game, people were asking "where he was".

As a coach myself, I know that many many things happen at practice that fans don't know about....It was obvious that B-Jax was able to run fairly well, but BC and Jordan have watched him closely and must have seen something, or they would have had him on the field....

1. Possibly concerned for a future injury of the same wrist that would once again make him miss spring ball

2. Maybe B-Jax put the ball on the ground at practice because of the wrist

3. Maybe Marlon took 90 % of snaps during "game-planning" and deserved to get the start....

4. Once the game began, Marlon ran okay, so they weren't drastically needing a change.

I like the backfield next year. Here's too a great off-season and a great recruiting class.

There is a huge drop off from Lucky to Jackson. Lucky doesn't know how to cut and doesn't have near the power. Lucky is just fast. I have no idea why Jackson didn't play more. He looked great when he was out there. CAllahan has done this all year though, if you get hurt....your beat out. Look at Kurt mann.

There is a huge drop off from Lucky to Jackson. Lucky doesn't know how to cut and doesn't have near the power. Lucky is just fast. I have no idea why Jackson didn't play more. He looked great when he was out there. CAllahan has done this all year though, if you get hurt....your beat out. Look at Kurt mann.

Kurt Mann had Mono, any injury to the spleen or kidney could kill him. Mono is not something that you should try to rush back from, especially if you are going to try to play football.

There isn't that much of a drop off between Jackson and Lucky. They are by far the two most complete backs we have. They both had over a 1000 all purpose yards and Lucky actually averaged more yards per touch then B-Jax did. He averaged more yards per rush and reception as well but B-Jax averaged more yards per KO return. Lucky has really only scratched the surface and will continue to get better. People forget that is really the first year he has seen major action.

As far as comparing the games they both played yesterday by average yard per carry doesn't show the whole story. Throw 67 receiving yards on top of Lucky's 88 yards rushing compared to -6 yards receiving for B-Jax. That gives Lucky 155 yards on 31 touches for 5 yards a touch and B-Jax had 32 total yards on 9 touches at 3.5 yards a touch.

Look at Kurt mann.
Yea, he almost died. That's not a big deal or anything.

Lucky is a good back, but I think against a defense like Auburn we needed a guy like Glenn or Jackson. More of a north south guy. He got a few carries, I don't know if the coaching staff was confident enough in his healing and his grip of the ball to give him more. That's the only thing I can think of.

I Know Brandon jackson had a broken hand and just got his cast off last week, but why didn't he play more?

His TD in the first half was incredible! He didn't look like he was having any problems with the hand, and he didn't seem to do anything to re-injure it, but after that we didn't see him again untill the 4th quarter?!? Anyone hear why, or what happened? <_<

I agree. I've always been a fan of Lucky cuz I live near N. Hollywood, but Jackson just seems to have more big-play abilities, seems quicker, and makes guys miss. I would have liked to see a whole lot more of him.

I like the idea of "Maybe B-Jax put the ball on the ground at practice"... I could see that happening & it lingered in the back of the coaches mind. Makes sense to me. And since he didnt start they really didnt feel he was ready. A player always wants to play, ready or not.

Kurt Mann had Mono, any injury to the spleen or kidney could kill him. Mono is not something that you should try to rush back from, especially if you are going to try to play football.

Kurt Mann said he is full strength and was ready to go. Callahan has done this all year with injuries. You get hurt, then you are out. Quit sticking up for Callahan on everything, he's a quack.

Kurt Mann said he is full strength and was ready to go. Callahan has done this all year with injuries. You get hurt, then you are out. Quit sticking up for Callahan on everything, he's a quack.

Well if that's the case then you should get along well with him!!!! :nanalama

Callahan is going to make the right decisions for our personal depending on who is the strongest at the time and who fits best with the game plan.